Saturday, September 29, 2007

ARGGGggg

Well....it looks like Elijah made a cute post this morning. What a smart baby.

I can't believe I'm typing this, but Elijah woke up this morning with another red mark from Helmy. We will be heading back to the orthotist yet again next week. This time the red mark is on the left side of his forehead and goes down to his temple/ear.




And not only is our baby smart enough to speak, write and type, but he's also gotten wise in another way. Just today, he has shown us that he knows when we're about to put him on his belly and he physically protests. Every time I put him on his belly this morning, he rolled right over onto his back. I suppose it's good....at least he's rolling consistently by himself now. For his morning nap we put him on his belly in his crib and when we came to get him up, he was on his back! Even after all these months of trying to get him used to his belly, he still hates it.

Elijah's heart cath was postponed and now it's on October 29th. G-man said he expected to be doing a lot of "work" and didn't have enough time alloted for him on the 3rd. We're a little bummed because we were looking forward to getting it out of the way, but there's not much we can do. The 29th it shall be!

After my first full week of work, I'm trying to cherish every moment with both of my boys. I better go squeeze them now. Here's a cute picture of Elijah's milk coma from the other night:

7 comments:

ThePicks said...

Hey Porta Clan,

Ouch, helmy isn't being very nice to Eli, is he? Yikes, good thing Eli is soo mild mannered with all of this...what a sweet little boy you have =)

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Such a cute little fella...
I would hate that helmet...

and what a bummer about the cath!!

We go in for an ECHO on the 12th..
I'm alllll nervous.

Ehlan said...

I feel so sad about Eli's red spot! What a frustrating thing to go through!

I agree on a play date...they would be awfully cute together! :)

Kathy said...

I just love checking your blog to see the latest pics! He just gets cuter everyday! Keep them coming!
Kathy

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

How frustrating to have this happen again!! poor lil man.. must hurt with it doing that to him...

Samantha said...

Well, even with his red spot, he looks precious! I just love seeing him grow up so strong! Tell Helmy to give the poor kid a break!

Sorry to hear about the cath being postponed...I hate that...you build up the strength to have it done then they knock you to a different date. He will do terrific during it!

Hugs,
Samantha

Ehlan said...

Megan-that is entirely too crazy that we have all those favorites in common! :) We would go together like PB & J...get it? :) Maybe that's a sign about Eli & Olivia...WAIT--here's another one. I frequently call Olivia-- Oli. Eli & Oli! :)