Monday, September 24, 2007

Helmet Update

This whole helmet thing is not going as smoothly as we'd hoped for. Elijah has adjusted to wearing it but after we got back to him wearing it while sleeping we noticed that his forhead was once again being rubbed wrong and looking sunburned.
We'll call the orthotist again today and see if we can get in right away and hopefully get the helmet fitting correctly. The helmet has already been kicked across the room so if things don't work out soon it may accidentally end up in the trash.

ps. Megan goes back to work full time today, the boys will have to try to survive without wonderful Mommy for a few days :(

pps. A favorite from our large 6-mo. photo collection:

8 comments:

Samantha said...

Oh...that really stinks about that darn helmet! I am so sorry that you guys are struggling through this.

Megan...good luck going back full time...I know that it is hard to do. Dan--you and Eli will do great...you are already so terrific with Eli--I still think you need to give my husband a few pointers!

Hang in there guys...it can only get better~

Hugs,
Samantha
www.caringbridge.org.visit/micahmajor

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful family! You guys look so wonderful together. Good luck with the helmet. I think about you guys daily. We really need to get together again soon. Deal or No Deal has started again!!
Love and Hugs!
Tam

TimnKatienElinSam said...

I am so sorry that you are having so much trouble with that darn helmet. You guys will make the right decision. Megan, good luck with returning to work. I know it must be hard on you, but you have gotten through so much this past year. You are a wonderful mother and your boys are so lucky! By the way, when I got home from the hospital today, Tim greeted me at the door "with some exciting news". It turned out to be that Dan's website it back......Tim is overjoyed and I laughed for about 10 minutes at how excited he was :)

Anonymous said...

I hope that things with the helmet can get figured out - by the way I love your cartoon on the lost post, that was great. :)

I love the photo - a beautiful family you all are.

Megan best of luck going back full time I hope all goes well at work and at home. :)

Kathy said...

I lOVE that picture!!! (actually, all of those 6 month pics). I have begged and pleaded with my boys for a family pic...maybe one day we'll make it! Hope work is going well and the boys are treating you good!
Kathy

Tracy said...

Beautiful family photo :). Hope the helmet issues will be worked out soon.

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Oh bummer about the helmet... as if it wasnt a hard enough decision to make... I love the photo of you all... too cute....

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

what a great picture!

you are an adorable family!!!!!