Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I think we chose the perfect name for him

Sammy has a thing about picking up large or heavy objects and toting them around the house. I walked into the kitchen the other day to see this..



He walked through the entire downstairs portion of our house carrying the toaster, and then turned it upside down to unleash the crumbs. So I took it away from him..



Everything that he can lift, he does lift. And carry.



He started pointing the other day, which I think is adorable. If he hears an airplane, he will point at the sky and go, "BBbrrrrrr!"

He is getting good at making animal noises. Cow=booo. Duck=ga ga. Dog=uff. So stinkin' cute!

Another fun thing we do is our chasing game. I say, "I'm gonna GET YOU!" He laughs hysterically and runs away from me. It's a fun little game the two of us like to play.

And my oh my, what a good little sleeper this boy is. He sleeps from 6:30 until 6:30, sometimes 7:00 and even 7:30 or later on occasion. The latest Elijah has ever slept is 6:50, and I think it happened once.

One other cute Sammy thing. He likes to sit down with a book and flip through the pages as he whispers, "Dada. Dada. Dada." I say, "Book?" He whispers, "Dada."

3 comments:

Cecilia said...

Wowww Sam is such a strong little boy!

jencooper said...

Look at his belly!! He is such a cutie!!

Wendy said...

Hi Megan,

Reading your blog always makes me smile! I love the photo of Sammy with the toaster...that's priceless! And the story about Elijah's "baby sister Sam!" Ha-ha! Too cute! He knew what he was talking about! :)

These little ones certainly bring joy into our lives, don't they?!

I'm glad to hear that you're having some summer fun...as much as possible considering Elijah's recovery from open heart surgery! Loved reading that his surgeon told him no diving at the pool...hee-hee! I'm happy he was able to enjoy the water, though!

Give those sweet little boys a hug from us! And keep the stories coming, Megan! :) You guys are always in my thoughts and prayers!

Lots of Love,

Wendy (& Emma, too!)