Sunday, July 31, 2011

Weekend full of ben-chures

As Elijah would say, we went on two "ben-chures" (adventures) yesterday. We finally got to the splash park. Elijah loves that place. He now goes down the "bear swide" all by himself!



Sam was indifferent. He explored when we first got there, but then just wanted Mama. And food.



We took a little snack break and continued watching Elijah make friends. ADULT friends, that is. He approached just about every adult in the area. "Hi! What's your name? I Elijah!" As usual, he ignored all of the children.



After our spwash park ben-chure, we went home to take a nap and then headed to my cousin's house to see some family we hadn't seen in a while. Elijah fell hard for a toy race track, so he cried half the way home. "Waaannnt to cooome back to Tweeeeevor's hooooouuuuse...pwaaaaay wif caaaaar twaaaaaack."



We might head to the dropzone for a bit this afternoon, but haven't decided on that yet. For now, Sam is napping, Elijah is making food with play-doh and I'm catching up on blogs.

A quick couple of tidbits..

Elijah had been talking a lot about his "baby sister Sam." Dan and I kept correcting him, saying, "No, Sam is your BROTHER." Elijah kept insisting that he was right. Then I realized he was talking about his babySITTER, whose name happens to be Sam. So his babysitter Sam is his "baby sister Sam."

I realized today that Sam has absolutely zero interest in television. When Elijah was his age, he was already a full-blown Veggie Tales addict.

When I called Dr. G to get Elijah cleared to go swimming, he said it was fine for him to be in a pool but that he should do no diving. I started laughing hysterically! Diving?! The boy who won't take a 2-inch step down without holding onto someone's hand? Ok, Dr. G, I'll make sure he avoids that. :)

I have a super funny photo to share that I haven't gotten off my camera yet. I won't totally spoil it, but I will just say that Sammy constantly likes to show us how strong he is. :)

2 comments:

Cecilia said...

Glad to know that you had a great weekend with your two cutie pies!!!

Have a good week!

jencooper said...

I got a terrific laugh out of the diving comment!! That is hysterical!

Glad to see pics of those 2 cutie pies. That is some serious adorable!!!

Can't wait to hear about more benchures!!