Sunday, July 17, 2011

A weekend at home



I'm glad the little boys and I decided to stay in our COOL house and not go to the dropzone this weekend. We missed Dan, of course, but it was nice to be home on a weekend for once. I actually caught up on things like laundry, dishes, cleaning and POTTY TRAINING. The poop still does not at all click. 0% clicking. Aside from that, and those fun messes, Elijah can keep his underpants dry ALL DAY LONG. Even if we run errands and take naps. We'll keep working on the other.

One of our sweaty weekend excursions was the Flying Cloud air show. I have taken Elijah to this air show every year since he was born, so it's a special event for us (or, maybe just me). I got a killer workout pushing the double stroller through bumpy and sometimes muddy terrain. Elijah adored his time in the bouncy maze. So much that we had a little tantrum when it was time to leave. Sam chilled in the stroller, as always, and absorbed it all without a peep.

We visited some friends at Children's this morning. Our little friend Eli had his third OHS last Tuesday by our very own Dr. M. It felt so good to give his mama a huge hug. There's nothing like a heart mama bond. I also think it's good to bring E to the hospital for visits so he knows that hospital time doesn't always equal torture time. He did great with being there! He was actually excited to go (??) and kept asking if we could go back to room four-one-one-zero. I cannot believe he remembers his room number from over a month ago, but more than that I cannot believe he wants to go back.

That's all for now. I hope you all had a great weekend! Here are some photos from the air show on Saturday..





















4 comments:

Cecilia said...

It was wonderful to hear that you had a great weekend with your two little men!

Love all those photos, couldn't take my eyes off your two handsome and cute boys!

Have a good week!

mina said...

Love those expressions, especially Sammy's!

The Smith's said...

What a great weekend! And just so you never feel alone, poop training took FOREVER for us too. I feel ya!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Love the pictures. I can't believe how big our kids are getting