Thursday, July 7, 2011

Photos, funnies and a walking boy!

First of all, I have to share with you all that SAM IS WALKING! He still falls and stumbles, but he can take 10-12 steps at a time. It is soooo cute, and he is sooo proud of himself when he does it. YAY SAMMY! We are out of tapes for our video camera, but I have it at the top of my to-do list this week. I will record his walking cuteness and share soon!

This is Elijah's angry face. This usually comes out when he is yelling at Sammy, unfortunately.



How could you ever be angry with this sweet boy?



Elijah is still doing wonderfully since surgery. His energy continues to amaze us. I can still only see the one bald patch on the back left side of his head, and I'm praying that is all we will ever see.



E has a cardiology check-up a week from today with Dr. G. He will get an echo to check heart function, and I'm sure we will re-evaluate meds and blood pressure, as well.



Dan has been doing a lot of skydiving, but mostly when people are strapped to his chest. I was able to capture one of his rare solo jump landings the other night.



And here is my favorite photo from last weekend. When I went into our trailer to peek on the boys, this is how I found Elijah sleeping.



I have been keeping a mental list of Elijah funnies that I will try to remember (soon Sammy will be talking and I can add his funnies, too!)..

I have had to start limiting bedtime stories and songs for Elijah because his kiss requests take up so much time. "Mommy, kiss my nose, forehead and hair." I do, and he reciprocates. "Ok, now kiss both cheeks and mine chin." I do and he reciprocates. "Ok, now kiss mine eyebrows, ears and eyewashes." I do and he reciprocates. "I wuf 'oo, Mom. Good night, Mom."

Speaking of bedtime, Elijah has come up with a pretty cute standard prayer that he says every night before bed and that Dan and I add onto when he's finished. It goes, "Dear Jesus, Thank you for this day. Thank you for Mommy, Daddy, Sammy, Elijah. Thank you for Elijah at school and Elijah at Sandy's (daycare). Thank you for cars to drive, food to eat, toys to pway, toys to share." He usually tacks on at least one random thing at the end, like, "Thank you for doors and drawers," or "Thank you for pictures and windows."

He has still been asking for tons of snuggles. He likes to lay his head on the blue pillow on the couch and have me put a blanket over him and then lay next to him and wrap my arms around him. Then he'll say, "Mmmmm, I wuf 'oo, Mama. I wuf 'oo sooooo so much."

That's all I can think of for now...more later!

3 comments:

Cecilia said...

Thank you ever so much for the updates! We miss you guys a lot!

Love all those photos especially the ones you found Elijah sleeping and the sweet little Sammy !!!

Have a nice weekend! xoxo

Sarah said...

Been thinking of you - sending up prayers. I have been reading but unable to comment (work blocked blogger, boo!) Different situation & I thought I had pics on our blog but can't find them. When Evan was 4 he took trimmers all the way to his scalp in the back of his head. It was about dollar coin size. It didn't grow back... forever... Like 6-8 months. The cardio & pedi agreed it was from all the meds/anesthesia. It finally did cone back, a lighter color. Big hugs to you Mama. Will have to log in at home & talk more!

jencooper said...

Cutie pie kids!! I love them!!

Glad to hear that things are going well!! Thanks for all of your sweet messages to me!