Saturday, July 2, 2011

4th weekend

I just put both boys down to sleep for the night in our "tway-wer." I have major blog work to catch up on while they fall asleep and while Dan finishes jumping. This week has been a bit insane for me. I feel, for about the third time in the past three months, like I have hit my emotional and mental rock bottom. When I found the bald spot on Elijah's head, that sent me to a very dark place. I have never felt so sad and defeated and discouraged before. I spent most of my week sulking and crying. Everything has officially caught up with me. I feel exhausted beyond words. I can feel it in my back, stomach, chest, brain, heart, soul, everywhere. I am tired to the core.

So last night I packed up the boys and headed to the dropzone, our escape place. I love being here. The fresh air and friends and country life does wonders for my spirits, but I don't get great sleep here which I'm sure doesn't entirely help my situation. The good most definitely outweighs the bad.

I noticed yesterday in the car on the way here that Elijah was twirling his hair tightly and repeatedly in his fingers. I have never seen him do this before. Could it be the reason for the hair loss? I suppose. A perfect bald circle, though? Not sure. I am keeping a close eye on it, and praying all will be well. So far I can just see the one bald patch. As my wonderful dad told me on the phone the other night, "Elijah is one of the most beautiful people I've ever known..inside and out..and I will love him no matter what happens to his hair." I love my dad.

Elijah is counting himself to sleep right now...in Spanish! He got bored with counting in English, so now he's onto a new language. He can get up to catorce and gets stuck. Not bad!

Sammy had a great day. He crawled all over the place and drove his Jeep (soooo stinkin' cute) and made about 100 people smile.

Tomorrow we have some great friends stopping by the dropzone for a visit. I can't wait to see them! I pounce on anyone who wants to spend time with us these days! I hope you all have a wonderful and safe 4th weekend! Thank you all for checking in on us. We love you..

2 comments:

Cecilia said...

We love you guys too ...

Have a great time with your friends!

jencooper said...

Hang in there!! One day, when I get up to visit, Dan can take me on a jump. It is something that I have always wanted to do.

I hope that you are able to get some rest and feel rejuvenated over the weekend.

Love you!