Sunday, October 9, 2011

Catchin' up...again



I'm behind! Waaaayyy behind! On everything! I'll attempt an update in between some recent photos (Sammy was in bed, so forgive me).



This past week has been an odd one. My Grandma Ruth passed away, which has been a sad thing to understand. She lived a long, great life, which we are all thankful for. It is still strange to contemplate the end of a life. I have such fond memories of my grandma from when I was a kid. I spent some time with her at her (then) cabin in Northern Minnesota, and I will never forget the smells that emanated from her kitchen. She made the BEST brownies and cinnamon rolls. She was an awesome lady and she will be missed! Heaven was lucky to receive her!



In addition to that, we have just been plain busy. Dan is trying to work as much as possible as the skydiving season winds down. I'm trying to do about 5,000 things at any given time. The boys are busy and curious and exploring and inquisitive and sassy and sick.



Well, Elijah is finally healthy, but now Sam has croup. He handles it with much more grace than Elijah (less drama), thankfully.



Elijah is getting excited for Halloween. He wanted to be a "scary witch," but we have talked him into Superman instead. I got him a cheapy little Superman costume today and he fell IN LOVE with it. He put his costume on and watched his reflection in the tv as he zoomed by. It was super cute. I'm not sure yet what Sammy will be for Halloween this year. Nothing in the Target aisles screamed to me.



I keep forgetting to mention that Elijah's bald patch has started growing back! About a month ago, I noticed some hair growth on the spot on his head that had grown bald after his recent heart surgery. Since then, the circle has completely filled in. THANK GOD.



Some more exciting news is that Elijah can basically read! He needs help with the bigger words, but can read most little words on his own. The other day he said, "Mama, this says, 'little!'" That's when I knew that he was serious about his reading.



Sammy is still obsessed with balls and airplanes. He tries to say "Elijah" now, which comes out "uh-DAH-DAH." He also does the "How big is Sammy?" "SOOooo BIG!" Which sounds like, "DAAAHHHHh! DA!" Our sweet Sammy. He is such a sweet, snuggly little guy.



Thanks for checking in on us! I will try to do a better job of posting on here. Thanks for being patient..



By the way, Elijah wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me that it is pink frog's birthday. My response? "HAPPY birthday, frog. Now go to sleep!"



2 comments:

Cecilia said...

Thank you for the update and all the lovely photos of Elijah, we hope Sammy feels better soon.

Happy Birthday Pink Frog!

Sarah said...

Good to hear from you! I need to write a catch up post as well. You sound like me when I'm woke up - "umm hmm that's nice - go back to sleep."