Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Spinning world

I have no idea which way is up. It has been a particularly difficult month for me and my mysterious health issues and dizzy episodes and general unwellness. Add to that the stress of Christmas and another unnamed stress and....(insert loud scream)! I have actually researched "luxury spa vacations," and do you know how much those things cost? Holy cow! I guess I'll look back into it when I'm a millionaire.

Elijah has just recently dropped his nap, so that transition has brought on some extra behavioral issues and earlier bedtimes. Sammy's little attitude has been blossoming lately, too. He is such a sensitive and strong-willed, yet LOVING kid. If he's not throwing himself on the floor and crying BECAUSE I TRIED TO HELP HIM PUT THE CAP ON THE MARKER, you can find him snuggling in my or Dan's arms, while sucking his thumb and holding onto his blankie. Picture Linus from Peanuts! This is Sammy to a T (only with a green blankie)!



We are still struggling with Elijah saying naughty words. Thankfully his "bad" words aren't terrible, but they still drive Dan and me crazy. Last night he was getting up onto his chair for dinner and his leg slipped. I heard him say, "CRAM!" He looked at me and said, "Mom, I said CRAM." Thanks for the reassurance, Elijah.

I have all of my Christmas shopping done for my three boys, and I am unbelievably excited to see them open their gifts this year! This is the first year Elijah has been really excited for Christmas. Every morning he asks me if I will tell him what his "surprises" (presents) are. I ADORED Christmas as a child, but I think I enjoy it even more as a parent. I'm giddy about it! It has been fun sharing the true meaning of Christmas with Elijah this year, since he finally can wrap his head around it. I LOVE that Jesus comes to his mind before Santa when we mention Christmas. Good old SC will make a stop in our home, but it will be a quick one and we do not make a big deal about him.

We plan to spend time with Dan's family on Christmas Eve and time at home (just the four of us) on Christmas day. Next weekend we are traveling to North Carolina to visit my dad and stepmom for a few days. We are all very excited about that trip! Although, Sammy as a "lap child" on an airplane for three hours might get interesting. We'll survive!

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas! Thanks for checking in and GOD BLESS YOU ALL!

2 comments:

Cecilia said...

Will you go to see a doc about your mysterious health issues and dizzy episodes?

We hope you feel better soon.

Have a lovely Christmas and a Great New Year xoxo

Sarah said...

Merry Christmas! Prayers for safe travels on your away visits. Can't wait to see pictures of your boys on Christmas morning.