Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Warmly hugging challenges

I have sat down a few times in the past few days to write a post, but it just hasn't felt right. Anything that is going on in our lives, good or otherwise, seems so insignificant when I think of my friend whose heart is aching because she wants to hold her son again. One thing Isaac's passing has taught me is that there are so many things I obsess about that either really don't matter or that cannot be changed. Worrying about the things that aren't going MY way is pointless! I have made an effort in the past week to truly appreciate every day and moment, even if it is challenging. I envision myself wrapping my arms around whatever challenge I am facing and smiling at it and even thanking it.

It still feels wrong to talk about anything that is going on in our lives. It's too soon. We are good. We have each other, we are all healthy, we have a warm home, comfy beds and food in the pantry. I really couldn't ask for more than that.

More later!

No comments: