Thursday, October 1, 2015

Corn Maze 2015

Finally, corn maze photos! And an update of our week at the end of the post.


As always, the boys had so much fun at the corn maze this year. Elijah remembered that he was the driver last year, so the boys switched spots.


Playing on the train, even though Elijah is WAY too big for it. We let him get on anyway.


The corn pit! Sammy was more comfortable playing in the corn this year than ever before. Look at these two handsome boys!


I love getting into the corn with the boys and I always find kernels in our house for months after. In fact, I found a kernel from LAST year in July's laundry this year. :)


The hay bale maze is one of Elijah's favorite things, but Sammy just so-so likes it. He ran through once and was done.


Elijah, on the other hand, ran through the maze at least 5 times. He has always loved it, even as a really little guy.


Brothers posing with the giant hay fireman.



The parakeet house was a favorite again this year. Both boys seemed scared of the birds, but they came around. Sammy sure loves animals.







Elijah stared down this cow for a long time. "Wow, you are a really gigantic and funny-looking cow!" he said repeatedly. :)


After much coaxing, Sammy fed the...uhh, what are these animals? He thought they were going to nibble his fingers off.


I love these handsome boys!


Finding our way through the BIG maze!


I love this beautiful face!


Handsome boys..


This week has produced a TIRED Mama and a TIRED Elijah. We have given Elijah a little too much sugar (there's such a fine line), which has caused some very early morning potty issues. When he is awakened at 3:00-4:00am, he does not go back to sleep. When I am awakened at 3:00-4:00am, I do not go back to sleep. Today we totally cut out sugar and will do so for the next few days to get things back on track. Homework tonight was painful...more difficult than it's been so far this year. :( We are praying for a much better night of sleep tonight. My red, tired eyes are screaming for sleep!

Earlier in the week, Sammy's attitude was sour and he seemed distant. I have made an extra effort to give him one-on-one time and things were better today. Each night after Elijah goes to bed, we sit on the floor in our living room and play a few games of Mastermind. He is SO smart and is getting so good at this game. It is such a special time for us to spend together and I think he cherishes it, too. I love my Sammy! He is my precious, smart and wonderful boy!

That's all for now! More later. Thanks for checking in!

No comments: