Monday, November 6, 2006

Amnio Results

YYEEEESSSSssssssss!! I just got a call from our genetic counselor and our baby is officially cleared of having any chromosomal abnormalities! All 46 chromosomes looked perfectly normal. They also checked for spina bifida and other neural tube defects, and we're cleared of those as well. This is a HUGE weight off our shoulders. Now we can focus our energy on the little heart and hope that it develops correctly and that whatever is wrong in there is miraculously healed.

Baby has been soooo very active these past few days! I love feeling him swim around in my tummy...it's one of the most comforting feelings in the world. I don't even care that it sometimes keeps me awake at night. I'd rather feel his kicks and punches than sleep any day.

Thanks again for all the prayers and positive thoughts during this time. You've all helped so much in helping us get through the stress so far. We have a ways to go and there is definitely more progress to be made, but we feel we've already come a long way and gotten a lot of very positive news.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woo hoooooo!! I am so glad to hear the good news! We have been praying for you guys and keeping you in our thoughts! All our love -- xoxoxoxo
Dan, Lissa, Erik, Dane and Emma
Samuelson