Tuesday, February 27, 2007

1 week old!

Hello, Mama here finally. I'm finally not wheelchair-ridden and can hobble through the hospital hallways a bit. Elijah is 1 week old today! It feels like we've been here for at least a month...so much has happened in the past week. We've been sleeping here at the hospital every night. Fortunately, now that I'm trying to feed him through the night, they are giving us a parents' sleep room to crash in. We tried leaving one night last weekend when they didn't have a room available (just went to the hotel next door) and I didn't like being so far away from our little guy. That was a pretty hard night for me. We will stay here for as long as they'll let us.

We are basically just waiting for him to start feeding well on his own. Other than that, he is doing amazing and we are so proud of him. I think he can feel all the love that people send to him because he just keeps showing the doctors how strong a baby he is. He is such a good-tempered guy....he doesn't cry much and he likes to sleep a lot and it seems like he's going to be very easy going.

We want to thank everyone for the calls and meals and support. I'm so sorry if I don't personally thank all of you or get back to all of your phone calls. Our days (and nights) really are very busy now that we are feeding him every 3 hours. I know every mom thinks their baby is the cutest, but really....I think our baby really is the cutest! I'm so in love with him.

We have a few minutes to relax, so we're going to go take advantage of that right now. Bless you all!

xoxoxo
Megan, Dan and Elijah

p.s. We heard a rumor today from one of the nurses that his chromosome check came back normal. Don't want to get our hopes up too much until we hear it from the doctor, but YAYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Regardless of whether or not it's "normal," he is absolutely PERFECT to us and we love him so dang much.

No comments: