Monday, February 5, 2007

34 weeks!

We have made it to 34 weeks and that is a huge milestone...yeehhhaaaaawww! We have also had a few more visits to the hospital in the past week. During one of our biophysicals last week, the baby's heart rate dropped pretty low and the baseline heartrate was quite a bit lower than it usually is, so the nurse had me go in for further monitoring. The doctors seemed somewhat comfortable with everything, so sent us home. Three days later, I went almost an entire afternoon/evening feeling hardly any movements so I called the hospital and once again they had me come in to get hooked up to the monitors. Same story and now we're back home.

I've been hooked up to many many many monitors over the past few months, and Baby's heart rate has never dropped below 130 beats per minute, so my gut tells me that falling down to 120 and even at one point 90, isn't normal. This is probably another indication that the bloodflow isn't ideal for the baby. I have a feeling that the end (birth) is very near. We have another growth check next week, so I'm guessing we'll get a much better idea on the timeline at that visit. We've been praying for him to be 5 lbs at his 35-week check. We also have our second appointment with the cardiologist this week, so hopefully we'll find out the details about the heart defect and the upcoming surgeries.

We have gotten so much support from our friends and families over the past 5 weeks. It's overwhelming the amount of praying that has been done for our little one....makes me teary thinking about it. We've also had so many meals brought to us and that has been such a huge help during this bed-ridden time. Thank you to all of you who have helped to make this time easier for us. We love you!

No comments: