Thursday, February 8, 2007

Hair



Our baby is already taking after his dad. As you can see, Dan acquired some "winter growth" this year, and now it looks like Baby Porta has some winter growth as well. You can't see it very well, but the white fuzzy stuff is the baby's hair. He needs a brush!

We met with the baby's cardiologist yesterday and he took another look at the heart via ultrasound. He stuck with the same diagnosis as before--Tetralogy of Fallot with Pulmonary Atresia. When the first surgery will take place depends a lot on how big and healthy he is when he's born.

I got hooked up to the monitors again at yesterday's visit and witnessed another scary dip in the heart rate. This time it dipped way down to 60 beats per minute. It seems to be dipping lower and lower every time it happens. Needless to say, it scared the crap out of me and I wasn't very patient with the nurse and doctor when they didn't seem worried at all. I guess they have the medical degrees so I should trust what they say, but instinct tells me there's just something not quite right. As long as he continues to do well on all of his other tests (which he does), and continues to move around in my belly (which he does), then things are supposedly stable. I asked for a third visit from a nurse this week for peace of mind, so luckily the dr granted me that. On Monday we get another growth check, so we'll have a good idea how well he has developed in the past 3 weeks. I'm praying so hard for a 5-lb baby on Monday's check. If he's much less than that, it's possible that we will be delivering shortly....like, within the next week or so.

What a foxy babe....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I don't have the only husband who can grow a beard like that! Love it, Dan! :o) Kendis