Monday, June 18, 2007

A bit of worry

On top of not taking good naps and making Mommy and Daddy nearly insane, Elijah hasn't been eating as well these past few days and his breathing is getting very labored. One of the main things they told us to look for is a decline in eating, so I have a feeling that we're going to have to take him back into the cath lab soon for another angiogram. It's possible that he's getting a lot of extra bloodflow to his lungs (thanks to those MAPCAs collaterals) and that is what is causing all of this. I pray that he heals up all on his own so his body doesn't have to work so hard. Poor guy. Please no more hospital please no more hospital please no more hospital please no more hospital!!!

7 comments:

Samantha said...

Hang in there Elijah! Please stop scaring your mommy & daddy. I pray that there are no hospital stays for you!
Hugs,
Samantha

TimnKatienElinSam said...

These little guys are great at scaring their parents!! You are great parents and are so on top of everything. Knowing that, and the excellent MDs Elijah has on his team, he is going to be just fine. We will be praying EXTRA hard for our Elijahs. NO MORE HOSPITAL STAYS!!!!!!We love you guys and are here for you always.

Big hugs,
Tim, Katie, Sam, and Eli

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Oh dear...
I'm so sorry that you're going thru this scare...
it is awful to worry,

My other "heart mom" friend Kathy Roller (from L.V.) is worrying about the same exact thing w/ her little man ..

I'm so sorry... I am keeping you all in my every prayer...

I'll be keeping my eye on this blog for any new update!

Big heart hugs kids...

Wishing for NO HOSPITAL karma!

Anonymous said...

I will be praying that Elijah's little body will heal and there will be no more hospital stays!!!!

Sarah said...

I'm chanting with you... prayers and hugs.

Anonymous said...

It is an awful worry, we will pray for you guys.

Kathy said...

Hi guys!
I'm Kathy, the other Vegas heart mom Terri has told you about. Our 2 month old is doing the exact same thing...he's not sleeping, he's not eating as much as he should each feed, and he's just a cranky bug!!! We've had the card up his lasix...but, he too is still having rapid breathing! Now..we haven't had our repair yet...maybe it's a full moon!!! Hang in there...he picked you to be his parents, so he must have know you could take it!!! (and he couldn't be any cuter..I wish I could reach through the screen and pinch those chunky cheeks!). Email us anytime!
Kathy Roller
rollersinvegas@yahoo.com