Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Our baby is awesome

Elijah is such a champ. It's so hard to believe that less than two weeks ago he had open heart surgery. Babies are sooo resilient and bounce back so quickly. He hasn't shown any signs of pain in almost a week and he is SO MUCH HAPPIER. His disposition is totally different than it was before surgery. He was getting increasingly crabbier and more agitated beforehand and now he's a completely laid back little man. He will sit and talk to us and smile for hours, and that's something that he wouldn't do before. It's so wonderful!!! Thank you Dr. Moga!

Our camera batteries died today, otherwise I would have posted some new pics. I will do that tomorrow. He is so sweet! I can't believe what a handsome, sweet little baby we have.

I have to tell you all about the graciousness of the company that I work for. They realized the need for me to recoup during this time and have given me a bit of time away from work to do that. I don't know of another company that would do that for their employees. Dan and I are really having a bit of a hard time dealing with the aftermath of our baby's surgery, so I am VERY appreciative of this. Thank you Zinpro!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy to hear that Elijah continues to do so well, yay! And also glad to hear you've been able to have some more time off work. I'm sure the extra time will help you feel better as well :).

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Yay!
He's amazing alright!!