Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Midweek stuff

Our week is zooming by, just in time for another fun, busy weekend! On Friday the three of us will make our annual drive down to Iowa to hang out with my college friends. I can't wait! We will be staying at the beautiful lakeside Kings Pointe Resort, where my good friend Katie works. I'm hoping Elijah will enjoy the waterpark this year. Last year he wasn't a huge fan.

Dan and I carved pumpkins earlier this week. Can you tell which is his and which is mine? Elijah was not interested in the gut-emptying or carving process AT ALL. Once we had all the messy, hard work out of the way he fell in love with his "punk-ins."



Elijah's cath date has been set for November 9th. There are only TWO dates for the remainder of 2009 when both Dr. G and Dr. B will be available. Dr. G specializes in catheterizations, which is lucky for us since we love and trust him so much and also because Elijah is a cath lab frequenter. But Dr. B specializes in not only caths but specifically in stent placement/tweaking. Since Elijah has a stent in his right pulmonary artery that will likely need some adjusting, Dr. G wants to make sure Dr. B is around the halls of Children's Hospital on the day of Elijah's cath.



Tomorrow, October 15th, marks the one and a half year anniversary of Elijah's most recent open heart surgery. I can hardly believe that much time has passed. That surgery did amazing things for our little boy. The time before April 15, 2008, was uncertain and devoid of energy and at times very scary. The time after April 15, 2008, has been filled with energy and pink lips and 100% O2 sats and developmental progress. It feels amazing to have put so much time between then and now. Now to gear up for the next one, right?

I will post the yummy Caramel Apple Pie recipe before we leave for the weekend. We have two pieces left! Anyone want to come over tonight?

7 comments:

THE LYONS FAMILY! said...

We will be praying for Elijah now and on November 9th. Have a great weekend away!

Andrea said...

Ooh, I want to come over for some pie! Happy 1.5 year anniversary of 100% O2 sats! We'll be praying for Elijah's upcoming cath.

jencooper said...

I am on my way!!

I love the pumpkins. We haven't carved any yet, but I want to let Bennett do it this year.

Wow...a year and a half? It seems like just yesterday. Time flies!

Have a terrific rest of the week!!

<3,
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Awwww, so adorable. I miss pumpkin carving. Glad Elijah came around to liking the critters. Have a super duper weekend with the gals, I'll miss everyone.
luv, Kendis

Unknown said...

I love the pumpkins what a great job.

We will be praying for Elijah on Nov. 9th.

Have a fun weekend.

Kathy said...

I love your punk-ins!
I think I"m going to make the boys paint them this year...they make TOO much of a mess with the guts.

Yuck...not happy that he needs another cath...but, glad you'll have superstars working on him.

have fun on your mini vacation!
Iowa...never been.
Is it cold there?

Cecilia said...

I guess the pumpkin with square eyes is carved by you and the triangular eyed one is made by Dan, am I right???

Have a marvellous trip to Iowa!

Big hugs to your little man!!! xoxo