Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Tuesday tidbits

Elijah is still taking Tamiflu and so far he hasn't had any side effects. He also hasn't had any flu symptoms. Now if the state of MN would just get some vaccinations in stock!

We have some exciting news! Elijah took FOUR STEPS ALL ON HIS OWN this week! Every night before bed Dan and I let him practice walking back and forth between the two of us. He can usually get one or two good steps before we have to catch him, but the other night he took four solid steps without any help. I have NEVER said this before because it really has never been true until now.. He is so close to walking! Maybe by the time he turns three?

Elijah's heart cath is two weeks from yesterday. It makes me a little bit crazy to think about it, but at the same time I am excited to know what is going on inside of his body. It will also feel good to have a better estimate for open heart surgery #3. Somehow I always feel better when I have an idea about when major events will take place.

Sorry for the lack of pics lately. I will do better! Have a good week, everyone.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Way to go Elijah! How proud and excited you must be that he is taking steps...it's so fun to watch your child accomplish new things. Keep up the good work, Elijah:)

Love to you all!
Deb

Pam said...

GO, GO, GO ELIJAH!!!!

Tina:0) said...

YAY, ELIJAH!!!!! Look out Momma & Daddy... he'll be running all over in no time!

Sending prayers for the upcoming heart cath!

Kathy said...

Megan...
shame on YOU for not posting more pics...where's cammy?? huh??

just playing with you...you're busy, we get it. Maybe this weekend...maybe??

I can't believe he's taking steps....Isaac won't even move his feet in his darn walker!

and his cath. What are they looking for anyway? What would be his next surgery?? (valve replacement?)

I miss my little E...can't wait to see more pics of him!

mina said...

Wooo hooo! on the steps! Get that video rolling, you never know when he'll start walking across the room!

Cecilia said...

You'll soon be chasing after Elijah across the house! Happy for you all!

I will pray for your little man for the forthcoming heart cath.

Can't wait to see new pictures or videos of Eli!

Take care!

jencooper said...

WAY TO GO ELIJAH!! I am so proud of you. That is such awesome news.

I am glad that he hasn't had any side effects from the Tamiflu. We are all getting H1N1 vacs today.

What exactly will take place in the next surgery? I am like you - I don't like putting her under, but I like to know what is going on under there.

Have a great day!!

<3,
Jennifer

The Smith's said...

Go, buddy, go! So proud of you, Elijah!!!

Jane said...

Wow, steps! So exciting :)

I'll be thinking of you as the heart cath approaches. Ramona has hers next week and I'm strangely calm (maybe cuz it's her 6th one?).

What will Elijah be for Halloween this year?

Tiffers said...

OMG!!!! That is so exciting. One day you will wake up and think to yourself...when did he start walking. I am so thrilled for all of you. That is huge! It is the little things in life that mean so much to all the parents who go through what we go through. I am just so excited for Elijah.

Keep up the hard work!

Tiffany

Unknown said...

WAY TO GO ELIJAH! I'm so proud of you. You need to get this on video so all of us can see. :)

Unknown said...

WOW great job Elijah, We are so proud of you.

When you get a chance I would love to see some photos of him standing or walking on his own.

I hope your state gets the Shots real soon. And we are still praying for his health.

Sarah said...

WOOHOO!!! Way to go little guy! That is just awesome! Continuing to pray that our guys are protected from H1N1.

jennifer said...

Yay for taking steps!!!! We're so proud of you, Elijah, and so happy for your mom and dad for not having to "exercise" their arms and back so much anymore!