Saturday, July 6, 2013

4th of July 2013

Whew! I'm trying to get caught up before our trip, so things have been busy! Most of the time my nose is in my computer while the boys play. Or fight. :) I keep apologizing to them and promising that for the next three weeks I'll hardly have my computer open at all.

We had an awesome 4th of July. It was the first time we took our boys to see fireworks! Dan had the day off, so we were all able to spend the day together. It was an awesome day. There is nothing better than seeing smiles on these two little boys' faces. We started the day off with some outside pool/sprinkler play-time. Then we headed to Grandma's for dinner and hammocking and sparklers. Then it was off to Round Lake to enjoy festivities. Bouncy houses and face painting and ice cream and fireworks. The boys...ok, we were ALL...exhausted by midnight. Honestly, I don't think the boys have ever stayed up that late. It was definitely a treat for all of us, but well worth the sleep lost.

I'll post some favorite 4th photos below! Enjoy!

I have one more post coming before we leave for our trip on Tuesday morning. After that, I likely will not have a chance to post here until after we get back (July 26th). When we are home, I will compile a huge post with photos and details. If you want to follow our daily trip details, find me on Facebook. I believe anyone can peek at my timeline. I'm under Megan Weiss Porta.

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday!































No comments: