Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Accidental snot

Sammy was extra tired tonight and having a tough time getting through dinner. He threw his fork onto the floor and when I asked him to please pick it up, he did his I'm-stuck-to-my-chair-and-can't-reach-it routine. This went on and on. Dan brought him to our bedroom for a little timeout. A few minutes later, he quietly came downstairs and said, "Mommy? I'm really sorry for what I did in your bedroom." I asked what happened. "I accidentally rubbed snot all over your bed." Seriously.

Elijah had a few rough patches at school today, but he confessed a major one to us before we even heard about it from his teacher. This is a new and huge thing! The behaviors we are hearing about are not ideal, but it is a big step for him to communicate not just that "something bad" happened (or not to mention it at all) but to actually explain the details. We are thankful that he will have a big chunk of time off school. Tomorrow is surgery, so if you wouldn't mind praying for it to be quick, painless and successful we would appreciate it!

No comments: