Saturday, November 15, 2014

Croup: Season 7, Episode 2 (Elijah)

While Dan was working overnight two nights ago, I heard some screaming over the monitor around midnight. I almost always approach Elijah's bed first, as he is typically the one yelling for me. He had croup. I plucked him out of bed and brought him into the bathroom to determine how severe it was. It was mild, thank goodness. I turned on the shower and hugged him tightly for ten minutes. Afterward he sounded slightly better, so I gave him a dose of oral steroids. Turns out, he slept horribly the rest of that night and the night after. Any medication in his body kills his sleep! We are praying for a much better night of sleep tonight.

We spent a super duper low-key day at home today. We cleaned, cooked, colored, did laundry and played. It was nice. Really nice. Minus church (can't wait for church!), tomorrow will be much of the same. Thanks for peeking in! Have a great rest of your weekend.

1 comment:

christine said...

Update, Update! It's been too long. I am going through Baby Porta Withdrawal!