Sunday, August 12, 2007

Back with our man

Here's a pic of our naked little man right before we left for vacation. We got him all cleaned up for Auntie Lissa.



We had an amazing time in Vegas! We ate great food, went on some fun rides, won some money gambling and had a great time meeting friends. We had a difficult time the first little while we were there because we really missed Elijah (mostly me, I was really crabby), but once we relaxed by the pool and realized this was VACATION, it got much better. Some highlights: rides at Stratosphere, sushi at RA, dinner at FIX (excellent prime rib), dancing at Light, meeting our "heart" friends Mike, Terri and Matthew for dinner, staying at Bellagio and enjoying their beautiful fountains and pools, winning $400+ gambling (for low-stakes people like us, this is huge!) and most importantly, enjoying some alone husband-wife time. Here are some pics.....


View of one of Bellagio's amazing pools


Dan and me under archway between the pools


Daytime fountain view from our room


Nighttime fountain view from room

4 comments:

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Wow.. those are nice pictures guys!!

Sure sounds like you had a fun filled "break" from parenthood!

We sure had fun meeting you guys and eating greek food!!
It sure beat waiting 2 hours for seafood at the Rio ...

that was the craziest thing I ever saw... wait in line to get a number ... to wait in line!!
Holy Cow!

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

I am still giggling at Elijah's little buddah belly.....

Samantha said...

I am so glad that you had a chance to get away just the two of you! I was just saying to Jonathan that I wish we could do that, but we do not have a single volunteer to watch all three kiddos! Oh well...one day! You guys look like you had a blast! And that baby is so incredibly adorable! That belly is so cute!

Kathy said...

I'm glad that you guys had a blast!!! I can't wait to get there myself! You will have to make another trip out soon!! Eli is such a cutie...that's got to make your day when you look at that handsome face!!!