Thursday, August 2, 2007

Random stuff

Our little bobblehead, sitting in his chair...



We went outside to grill the other night and I said, "Uhhh....move slowly away from the wall and don't freak out.." (even though I was the only one freaking out.) A bat! I've never seen a bat around our house before!


Soooo Dan killed it. Sorry you little baby bat....(and sorry to all of you hurt by this, but seriously, it's a BAT!)



Elijah was a crabby guy tonight. I don't think he slept very well last night, so he was a little extra tired. He was unwilling to smile for us, but we got some good pics of his juicy double chin/neck...




And finally, we've uploaded video to youtube that we've had since Elijah was home from the hospital back in March. Here are some of our (many) faves. I can't believe how little our man was just a few short months ago. What a little peanut! If you haven't had the pleasure of hearing his trademark Roaring, you can hear it now!



















8 comments:

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

God he's cute!

Oh my gosh, those hospital ones made me cry ...

just hearing those beeps ... and seeing all that ... the monitors.... the IV"s.....

I had huge flashbacks!!

And seeing Megans face.. ugh...
I'm so emotional now ...

he has the cutest little voice...
it's just darling..

He is simply the most precious little guy..

God bless these little heart kids...
they are soooooo resiliant!!
They handle this stuff so much better than adults!

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Poor baby bat *sniff sniff* ... can they hurt you? I've been in caves before w/ bats flying around.

The Portas said...

Oops, I thought our bat slaying might not settle well with everyone. It's my fault, I made Dan do it. I can blame it on my genes. No one in my family is in love with bats, mice, spiders, snakes...

Samantha said...

I cannot believe how fast they grow up! He looks just adorable and the roar is too cute!

Take care,
Samantha

Anonymous said...

Love and prayers for you, Aunt Bunny

Anonymous said...

He is so adorable! :) I've been cathcing up now that we are back from our vacation - so glad to hear that things with his throat have gone well - yay!

And, I am so glad you weren't anywhere near that bridge the other day. I heard about it and it made me so sad - our prayers go out to those families - glad your friends and family are safe.

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

I guess it was "baby bat" that made me sad... and he looked so cute!!

I have a hard time when we set mice stickies up in Beaver... I feel so sorry for them..
but dang can they cause damage!!!
Chewin thru wires to your cars/trailers etc....

Bugs .... I can swipe a fly w/a flyswatter or a mosquito...
but nothing bigger... I get grossed out....
can't do it.. I get Mike...

Anonymous said...

Don't kill the bats....They EAT MOSQUITO'S!!!!! Truth be known bats are pretty harmless, unless you do a lot of cave climbing, like we did in Mexico a few years ago. The bat poop is pretty toxic. We live on a "pond" aka small swamp so the squito's can be terrible. Believe it or not we've talked about building a bat house to help with the squito's population. I do have to say though Meg, if I had a baby out on the deck with a bat I may have freaked a little as well!! I can just picture Dan being Superman taking out the bat! :-) Next time though, maybe try and shoo it away! Thanks for sharing the video's some of them cracked me up, I love his little voice! Doug left for Canada on Monday, the week has been nice to catch up on projects but I'm starting to get lonely and miss him terribly. A good dose of Eli would help! I will try and get out to see you guys in the next few weeks. Hugs~ Tammy