Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Vegas!

I have a bit of Mommy guilt and angst about leaving our boy for a couple days, but I have to say that it has been a trying year and Dan and I are very excited about our upcoming trip. We are going to relax in the pool (in the very hot Vegas sun), eat some good food and take in the busy Las Vegas atmosphere (and also meet fellow heart parents Terri and Mike!). We fly in late Thursday and get home Sunday afternoon, so we will only have two full days away from the cutest baby on the planet. He will be in excellent hands. My sister is gracious enough to watch him, so he'll be having a great time at Auntie Lissa's house.

At today's physical therapy visit, Elijah's PT suggested looking into getting him fit for a plagiocephaly helmet. We were really hoping to take care of his giant flat spot without having to go that route. We've been doing everything in our power to get him lying on the other side of his head. I think we'll wait till his 6-mo. check, which is coming up soon, and see what his pediatrician thinks. I know that some parents say no to the helmet and attempt correction themselves, but honestly, if it's best for our man to get it, then that's what we'll do. It's definitely not the end of the world and things could be much much worse! If he does get it, it sounds like he'd have to wear it for ~3-4 months.

Elijah is still squeaky and wheezy, but I think it might be progressively getting better. It's hard to say, though, because I'm around him constantly. We have another check-up with his cardiologist in a few weeks so I'll feel good once that gets here and we can get him looked over pretty thoroughly. His napping has been AMAZING and his neck is slowly but surely getting stronger. We work so hard with him every day so he can "catch up." We're so proud of all the hard work he's done lately. He's awesome.

Ok, well we have to get ready for our trip in between poopy diapers, applesauce and physical therapy. I CAN'T BELIEVE WE'RE ACTUALLY GOING ON A TRIP!

11 comments:

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Yay girl ... and Dan!! ;-)

We can't wait to meet you guys ...
just give us a jingle when you get into town and we'll get together.

Yes, it's hot ... but at least it's not in the teens like it was in July !!! It was brutal... JUST BRUTAL...
It was very humid last week, but better this week.
I think it'll be just fine while you're here ... taking a break..

It'll be so good for you!
Recharge those batteries.

Awesome Mom said...

Have fun!!! I need a break too.

Kathy said...

I can't believe you guys will be in Vegas..and we're still here!! I hope you enjoy your stay! Where are you guys staying anyway?? Terri can be your tour-guide barbie!!! Have fun! You deserve the break!
Kathy

Anonymous said...

That sounds like so much fun - you deserve it. Eric and I took a mini vacation back in May and it really is needed.
In response to your message about what company I work for that's celebrating 100 years, it's UPS. I've been here since H.S. and they take wonderful care of me. Gotta love Brown.

Ehlan said...

Have a marvelous time! We just left Olivia with Grandma and Grandpa overnight for the first time last weekend and it was great! Hope it goes just as well for you!!

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a wonderful time! Don't feel guilty - we all need breaks from time to time so we don't burn out. :) We have too many kids to really go anywhere over night, but we go on lots of dates - at least once a week. The kids really enjoy having a break from us too. :)

Enjoy your marvelous break and have an awesome time!

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Oh please just enjoy yourselves... Do Not ring every half hour to check on Eli... He is in totally safe hands... have an amazing time ...
Thinking of you all..
I sgree with you that he is the most gorgeous baby in the world....

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Dan and Megan!!!!!!!!!!!!

We had such fun meeting you two!
You are the most adorable couple...
it's no wonder you have ONE of the most cutest babies on earth!
;-)

Hee hee!!

Next time, we'll have to be sure to spend more time together!!

Hugs.....

Michael said...

Hey Dan & Megan,

We really enjoyed meeting the both of you. We always enjoy grown-up dinner conversation. Dan, I'm relieved you made it through the gate without your ID!

David said...

Hi, I came over from Terri's blog. It is sick I know-but I got excited when you mentioned ELijah's plagiocephaly. Our oldest, Eliza had it. She looked so cute in her helmet! It wasn't bad at all. She was so used to it. The funniest thing was that it kept her from learning to sit up from the laying down position, but she could walk! Don't be scared to get the helmet. Take lots of pictures. I am mad because I am sure I took more than I can find! It really went by so fast that I look back on that time with fondness. I told you it was sick!

Terry said...

Hi, I see my hubby, David, already commented here. The helmet was not so bad after all! It was well worth it.