Wednesday, May 19, 2010

36 weeks, 5 days



Elijah thinks we got the infant car seat out for him to use. :)



Well, I'm in a bit of disbelief, but nothing has changed since last week aside from my increasing frequency of contractions. My body is still (aside from the contractions) showing no signs of labor. I'm a bit confused as to how my uterus and cervix are sending such conflicting signals.

I am contracting a lot, and it is pretty uncomfortable to be doing anything but lying down when they hit. I haven't been sleeping well because I even contract all through the night on most nights and I just lie awake and count them. This may be part of the reason I am so tired and grumpy lately.

The plan is to go back to the doctor in a week. I'm not sure I will last another week without going into labor, but who knows?! This could be a 39-week delivery after all. Body of mine: you confuse me!

7 comments:

Ehlan said...

Can't wait for the news!

Wendy said...

Hi Megan!

It's been a while since I've had a chance to leave a note....I'm so sorry! I absolutely loved hearing that you got to visit with Kathy and sweet little Isaac! Loved the pictures, too...the boys look so cute together!

And I'm glad to hear that you're still doing well and that "Not-Zooter" is still waiting to make his grand entrance into the world! :) It won't be much longer now, though, will it??? How exciting!!!

Elijah looks adorable trying out the infant car seat....can you believe he's gotten to be such a big boy? He's going to have a great time teaching his baby brother all kinds of fun tricks! ;)

Well, I wanted you to know that I'm always thinking of you guys and keeping you in my prayers....give that sweet boy a big hug from us!

Lots of Love,

Wendy (& Emma, too!)

Cecilia said...

Look at your adorable little man, he is a bit too big for the infant car seat!

Hope everything's going well with you.

Take care!

Unknown said...

I know you wouldn't think this humorous but what if you were over due?! Amazing. So happy that you've made it this far. Can't wait to meet the newest member and find out what his name is. . . Love the suspense of it all (sorry but I can't help it). ;-)

xoxo
cara

jencooper said...

Bennett did that same thing!! He climbed into the baby carrier, the exersaucer, and the crib. It cracked me up. I loved it!!

Hope your body calms down a little bit and you are able to get a little bit of rest. I know that you must be a little bit frustrated!

Hang in there. You are almost there!!

Tina:0) said...

I have a photo of Gabie doing the same thing right before... & even after Vaeh was born! Too cute:0)

How wonderful would a 39 week delivery be?! Praying you are able to get some rest & that your body decides to cooperate with you!

Sarah said...

So thankful the prayers have been answered and that not-Zooter has stayed put for so long. Elijah - your adorable.