Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mama's Day



My boys were extremely good to me for Mother's Day today (as they always are). I woke up to breakfast in bed and Dan gave me a Mother's Day gift that I didn't expect at all. He gave me a new lens for my camera! I can't wait to play with it a bit. I have the best boys in the world. I think I heard "Happy Muver's Day, Mom!" from Elijah about fifty times today and it never got old.

I did make it out to brunch with Dan's family, which was yummy and of course, fun. I considered not going since my contractions are a little bit out of control right now. If I weren't so well-versed in the subject of contractions, I may have considered going to the hospital in the middle of the night last night, or at least calling my doctor. I had contractions every 6-15 minutes or so from the time I went to bed until 4:00 am. And then they just stopped! Hmmmm. It didn't worry me enough to call the doctor, but it did worry me enough to get serious about doing some packing today. Elijah's little suitcase is all ready for him to go to Grandma's house for a few days. It's crazy to think that we could be having a baby any day now!

Have a good week and Happy Mother's Day to all of you wonderful moms!!!

I'll end with two of my recent favorite Elijah words:
carnival = "caramel"
parrot = "carrot"

6 comments:

my life: said...

That sounds awesome and I am trying desperately NOT to be jealous over your camera AND lens. :0)
I had to tell you...Gracie says parrot for carrot too! that is too cute :0)

lynette said...

Happy Mother's Day!

Lynette (Jude's mom)

jencooper said...

Woohoo on the new lens!! Do you have a Canon or Nikon? Craig and my kiddos got me a nook - I was super stoked.

I am hoping not-Zooter stays put a little longer for you.....

Sarah said...

Glad you had a Happy Mothers Day! Your little guy with his suitcase a few post back is the cutest ever. Elijah definately seems to understand his brother is on the way - he is going to be such a good big brother.

mina said...

Good to hear you had a great Mother's Day. It never gets old no matter how many times you hear it, does it?

Cecilia said...

Happy Mother's Day to all the great moms! xoxo