Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Doctors and boogers and shots, oh my!



Sam had his 6-month well visit yesterday. Everything went swimmingly. He is now in the 92nd percentile for height and the 89th for weight. Wow!

I had Sammy sitting on the table at the doctor's office. He can't sit totally on his own, but he can definitely hold his own for a few seconds at a time. Dr. Judy was impressed with our strong little (big) guy! His bottom two teeth are finally starting to bust through his gums. Perhaps this is the cause for the bucketloads of drool/slobber that fall from his mouth constantly. We had to start having him wear a drool bib otherwise all of his clothes get soaked within minutes. Yummy!

The one thing we still struggle with is his inconsistent napping, which can create a pretty tired and crabby baby at times. I think it is slowly getting better. Like I tell Elijah every three minutes, PATIENCE!

Elijah has begun to not be so fond of his little brother, which makes me kind of sad. Sam adores Elijah and would rather watch him and touch him than do almost anything else. Sometimes if they are close enough, Sam will reach out and touch him and Elijah will say, "NO, SAMMY. NO TOUCHING!" I try to explain that Sammy loves him and is trying to tell him that. Elijah is so averse to his touches. If anyone else touches him, he welcomes it, pounces on it! If Sammy touches him, he acts like a tarantula just crawled onto his body.

Last night I noticed a considerably-more-gunky-than-usual Elijah and a VERY worn out and congested Sam. Elijah ended up coughing, seriously, through almost the entire night. Poor guy. Sam had a fever all through the night and had a few bouts of middle-of-the-night crying. I think this new sickness coupled with his vaccinations made him feel pretty crummy. He is still really congested today and appears to be experiencing pain in his legs where the vaccinations were given.

Hoping for a better night tonight..

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It sounds like Elijah is starting to get jelious now.
Sorry to hear about Sam not sleeping very well, I still have problems with Logan and his night terrors, I know how you feel.
I hope Sam gets to feeling better and you get some rest. I feel your pain Mama.

jencooper said...

The Cooper clan all have the coughs so we aren't getting much sleep down in Texas either. Ugh.

I hope that everyone starts feeling better.

I hope E realizes his love for Sam soon. My kids are inseperable now and it is awesome...but it took a while.

Cecilia said...

Hope your two little men get better soon.