Monday, December 13, 2010

White

This is how we spent a majority of our weekend. Driving in and/or dealing with massive amounts of snow. Dan and I experienced one of the scariest hours of our lives on Saturday. The snow plows were pulled from the roads (that is saying a lot in Minnesota), yet we were out driving! Wooooo! We had spent the night in downtown Minneapolis for my company holiday party and we were trying to get to our boys amidst literally white-out conditions. I consider it a miracle that we got to Dan's parents' house without a single mishap, based on the number of cars, trucks, PLOWS and hearses (yes, I saw a hearse buried in snow) along the side of the road.

We have exciting travels coming up and other fun things on the horizon. Lots of fun stuff ahead! The snow better not ruin any of it!

4 comments:

Cecilia said...

Glad to know that you guys are ok!

The Smith's said...

I can't believe all that snow! I'm so glad you guys are home safe now!

I wanted to tell you that I have thought often about one of your posts when you were pregnant and about to have your ultrasounds. You said something about how surprisingly relaxed you felt going into the ultrasound, that you guys were praying for a healthy baby, but totally open to whatever baby God had for you guys (I'm sure you worded it much better!) But that has stuck with me a long time since Rog and I have wrestled with our fears to try again. So thank you for your example!!!

jencooper said...

I have never seen that much snow in my entire life!!! WOW!!

Glad you are safe.

janet said...

If I ask REALLY, REALLY nice, will you please show us some pictures of Elijah? I feel like I haven't seen him in weeks. Thanks.