Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Slackin' mommy

I apologize for slacking on kid photos lately (particularly Elijah!). It has been a whirlwind of a month so far, and guess what? I still haven't started my Christmas shopping! I wonder what would happen if I just didn't do it. Would the world crumble to pieces?

These photos are a few weeks old, but ones I haven't posted yet. Elijah is being his silly self, making faces and dancing around the living room.



I love my silly boy!



And those beautiful eyes.



I think Hand is talking to the legos here.



A few Elijah funnies:

At the grocery store the other morning, Elijah said to the gal working the register, "HI WADY! My name E-ijah! Have you seen my daddy?"

I always have him kiss Sammy and tell him goodnight before Sam goes to bed. He kisses his head and says, "Good night, Sammy. Get some sweep!" Sooo cute.

Every morning when I get him out of bed and every night before I tuck him in, I ask him for a giant hug. He wraps his arms around me tightly and then he puckers up and says, "Wittle smooch!" So, we do a giant hug and a wittle smooch twice a day. :)

The other day I quizzed him on some basic info. What's your mom's name, etc. When I said, "What is your brother's name?" he said in all seriousness, "Sammy Jammy." This is something I call Sam a lot, enough that Elijah thinks it is his proper name.

Sometimes when we are around friends or family, Elijah will tell people excitedly, "That's mine mommy!" Awwww, I love you, sweet boy.

On the sickness front, we just cannot get our boys healthy! As soon as they seem to be healing, another round comes along. Sam has had a bad cough for well over a week. Elijah didn't sleep the best last night due to another round of let's-cough-through-the-night. Dan even started coughing yesterday. UGH!

A week from TODAY (oh goodness, I have so much to do in a week!) we leave for North Carolina to visit family for 8 days. Can't wait!

5 comments:

THE LYONS FAMILY! said...

Would love to see you and meet baby Sam... but not sure it will work with Christmas. Have a safe trip if we miss eachother!

Cecilia said...

Hope Elijah, Sammy and Dan get better very soon.

Love all those photos of your silly but adorable Elijah.

Have a safe trip!

Wendy said...

Hi Megan,

I'm sorry to hear that the boys are all coming down sick! :( That's no fun, especially right before the holidays. I hope they're feeling better before your trip! How fun! I hope you have a great visit with family!!!

Thank you for your note on Emma's site -- I knew if there would be anyone that understood my tears, it would be you! Thanks for making me feel like I'm not alone...

Well, have a safe time in NC and get some shopping done. (And no, the world won't fall apart if you don't! :) I've done just about all of mine online - it's too hard to get out with Emma by myself!)

Hugs to the boys and get well wishes! MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Lots of Love & Prayers,

Wendy (& Emma, too!)

Unknown said...

I love the photos, it looks like Elijah is shaken that bootie. He is talking so good, he is such a sweet little boy. I know how you feel Logan is sick again this time with a cold it is never ending.
I hope you enjot your trip to NC. And you better get that shopping done soon Mama...

janet said...

Oh yes, this is what I have been missing--funny sweet Elijah! Both of your little boys are so precious. Hope all the traveling at Christmas is smooth.