Friday, February 25, 2011

4-year well visit and other

Here is a picture from a few weeks ago of Elijah making a pizza with our friend Dave. Fwee mushwooms and wots of cheese!



I brought Elijah to see Dr. Judy this morning for his 4-year well visit. I was so proud of my brave boy for the way he handled his anxiety! He started to panic a few times, but calmed down before it got out of control. He of course lost it when it was time to receive his vaccination, but thankfully that was at the very end of the visit.

All of the standard, non-heart-related medical stuff checked out great. Elijah weighed 34 lbs (36th percentile), which is super! After the nurse entered his height into the computer, she said, "You know what? Let's go measure you again, Elijah." He wasn't on the charts, so she fudged a teeny bit to get him to 37 inches, which is just barely on the charts and at the 2nd percentile. Little peanut!

He passed his hearing and vision tests, although he missed a few on the left ear but there wasn't concern. Dr. Judy did show grave concern when I mentioned Elijah's severe croup, particularly the croup he has gotten after his past few intubations. She gave me a serious look and said, "Talk to pulmonology and ENT thoroughly and GET A PLAN before surgery." We are already on it, so hopefully we will be able to indeed form a solid plan.

I heard from the scheduling gal today regarding Elijah's upcoming open heart surgery. Dr. M will be gone toward the end of May, and he's kind of an integral part of this ordeal. So, since Dan and I had the end of May or early June in mind, I think we will opt for having the surgery done sometime in early June, and preferably after Sammy's birthday on the 4th. This will allow Elijah to finish the school year and it will also get us fully past Sick Season. Unfortunately, the June schedule isn't out yet so we'll need to wait a few more weeks to get a concrete surgery date. Unless something unforeseen happens, it looks like June will be our month!

We have a chill weekend planned with not much on the agenda. Lots and lots of snuggle time. Oh! I have an update on Elijah's Shower Restaurant that I mentioned in one of my last posts. This morning I asked him what his restaurant was called and he said, "Cauliflower." I like it!

1 comment:

Cecilia said...

"Cauliflower" sounds good, can we come sometime?

Have a nice week!