Monday, February 14, 2011

Aniticipation



We are keeping Elijah out of preschool this week and both boys out of daycare. Elijah has been hanging onto a cough and we need him to be healthy for his heart cath on Thursday. I hate to deprive him of school because he loves it so much, but we feel this is best.



I registered Elijah at Children's today for his upcoming hospital stay and the nurse asked me the standard questions: "What surgeries has Elijah had?" "How does Elijah typically handle anesthesia?" Then she asked, "Does Elijah have any implanted metal in his body?" My answer: "He has about twelve metals coils in his chest and a stent in his right pulmonary artery." She said, "Ohhh! I remember him! His caths are always so pretty! All of that metal dancing around.." Ha! Elijah and his pretty insides.



I tried talking to Elijah about his upcoming cath tonight, but he was pretty aloof. I'll try again tomorrow. I have a feeling it won't really sink in until we are there.

Dan is sick, sicker than last week. Sam is better. Elijah is on the mend. I am better. Please pray for total healing for Elijah for his cath on Thursday.

6 comments:

Tina:0) said...

Praying that everyone is on the mend & healthy! Sending extra prayers for Elijah's upcoming cath. I'm sure it will go well, but I totally understand having to explain it. With Vaeh's appt. yesterday, her cath may be coming up here in the next two months & its been over 2 years since she's been in the hospital.

Give Mr. Elijah extra big hugs from us!

Cecilia said...

Sending our love and blessings to the Porta family.

We wish Dan will recover very soon and we wish Elijah the best of luck in his cath surgery on Thursday!

mina said...

Megan, will be keeping Elijah in my thoughts. I think it's a good idea to keep him home to get him fully better before Thursday. I hope the sickies leave your house soon!

jencooper said...

Saying tons of prayers for healthy bodies and good news!! I will be thinking lots of positive thoughts!!

The Smith's said...

Prayers sent for your family to get and stay healthy! This has been a tough winter for so many people!

Sarah said...

I am praying Megan!