Monday, September 19, 2011

Hunger, destruction and laughter

Any chance he gets, our Sammy fills his deliciously chubby belly with food. :)



Overall we had a good weekend. Elijah and I experienced some very low lows on Saturday. His behavior was off the charts for a chunk of our day. It made me question my parenting skills and at the end of the day I was feeling pretty beat up and sad. Sunday was much better, thankfully. He is so incredibly strong-willed and he pushes his little limits as much and as often as he can.

I did make note of some more funny things that came from Elijah's mouth. During one of our weekend meals, he dropped a spoonful of yogurt onto his ankle by accident. He said, "Oh no! Mom! I spilled yogurt on my temple!"

Since he drinks soooo much whole milk, we have started serving him almond milk on occasion as an alternative (he's not a huge fan). Every time I put a glass of milk in front of him, he asks what kind it is. The almond milk we got over the weekend is vanilla-flavored. He has a difficult time saying the word "vanilla," so he says, "Mom, is this whole milk or gamilla almond milk?" It's so stinkin' cute and I refuse to correct him.

He has started doing this thing that drives me crazy. I will say a sentence to him or to Sam or to myself. An example..we will be in the car, and I'll say, "We're almost home, Sam!" Elijah will copy me and say, "'We're almost home, Sam!'" and then he'll say, "Who said that?" "Uhhm, I did, Elijah." "Oh. Mama said it?" "Yes." So the other day on the way home from the dropzone, Elijah asked me how long it takes to get home. I said, "About an hour!" He repeated me, using this gravelly, old-man-ish voice: "'About an hour!' Who said that, Mom?" I just about died laughing. Great, so I sound like an old man who has smoked his whole life?

And Sam continues to demolish our home. Our living room becomes a war-zone in about 10 seconds. He works on the destruction between eating breaks. He constantly wants a pile of raisins on the chair that he can graze and for the Fruit Loops box to be on the floor and to remain open so he can scoop his hand into it.

Our boys are keeping us busy! They are so much fun, even while they are making my grey hairs sprout like crazy. I wouldn't change a thing!

4 comments:

The Smith's said...

Oh my, our weekend was so similar! Laney eating and Luke being testy! He spent much of Saturday in his room :( I was feeling super discouraged too, so wanted to share that you are not alone in the discipline boat!

Lisa Johnson said...

Elijah sounds like a hoot! What a funny little guy. And how cute is Sammy and his eating! Love it!

jencooper said...

Combine Sam's destruction and bothering brother with Elijah's pushing the limits....and you get Grace Louise Cooper!! Seriously...I feel your pain!!

Love super cute sayings! They are the best!

Cecilia said...

Just cute!!!