Friday, September 9, 2011

Sammy's 15-month well visit...and a few more funnies..



I brought Sammy to his 15-month well visit today. I could not keep that boy contained in the waiting room. If I turned my head for one second, he would run down the hallways and into the rooms. I used the fish tank as a distraction, but he still managed to slip away from me.

He weighed 24 lb 15 oz (55th percentile), he was 32 inches tall (75th percentile) and his head circumference was 18.8 inches (66th percentile). All of his activity has brought him down a bit on the weight chart, but that is normal.

As always, the only concern was the little bump on the side of his face. It has changed in size and color in the past few months, so we need to get back into the derm in the next month or two to get it looked at again.

When it was time for shots, I held his little arms down so he wouldn’t fight. Well, guess what. He didn’t even flinch. No crying, not even a single blink. And there were three separate needles! Tough Guy Sam. It’s so funny to constantly see how different Elijah and Sam are. I’m sure we will see more and more as they grow that Elijah is our dramatic, emotional child and Sam is our easy-going, unemotional child. But he still certainly knows what he wants. If a toy is taken from him that he really wants, he will most definitely let you know about it.

Dr. Judy gave Sam the tongue depresser after peeking inside his mouth, so he had it in his hand on our ride back to daycare. I turned around and Sammy was poking it into his eye (ouch!) and then in his ear. Checking everything out, just like the doctor did!



I remembered a few additional things I wanted to include in yesterday’s post…

For the past few months, Elijah has acquired the knowledge that “dangit” is not my favorite word for him to say. Dan and I have let him know that we don’t want him saying it, which of course attaches negative meaning to it and provides an opportunity for boundary-testing. Our clever boy has stopped saying “dangit,” but has now started saying, “bangit.” Close, but not the same word, Mom! I have banned “bangit” in the past week due to malicious intent and over-use, so now he will say things like “schplangit” or “pa-kaynit.” That boy..

I have mentioned many times before how much Sammy loves his food. When he eats, you can hear a constant stream of “Mmmmm-hmmmmm-aahhmmmmm-mmmmmmm-ohmmmmmm” coming from his side of the table. Elijah gets tired of it, so I will hear him whisper, “Stop saying ‘MMMmmm,’ SAM!” Poor Sammy. Innocently enjoying his food and his brother is telling him to be quiet. :)

We are looking forward to a beautiful weekend! We have a few fun items on the agenda. School starts Monday, so we are looking forward to that routine for Elijah. He is soooo stinkin' excited! Have a great weekend, everyone! Thanks for checking in.

2 comments:

Cecilia said...

Elijah's slippers are so cute!!!

Anonymous said...

This post gave me a huge smile... These boys crack me up! Glad to hear you are feeling more free. Love to the Porta's, Cara