Thursday, September 15, 2011

Preschool Year 3 has begun!



Our biggest boy started his third year of preschool this week! I cannot even begin to explain how much Elijah loves school. AND how good school is for him! There are definitely exceptions to the statement I'm about to make, but overall, his behavior was much-improved this week. There were a handful of times when no whining occurred when he was asked to use the potty. There wasn't as much angry yelling at Sam. And he even did strange things like throw away his garbage without being asked.



Like I said, the week wasn't ALL good. He hit his good friend Paige at daycare yesterday, so we made a very big deal about that. Last night he got no privileges and lots of talks about how hitting is never ok.



I have compiled a few more Elijah funnies to share. He got a toy from the prize drawer at PT this week, as he does every week, that is a monster figure (Mikey) from the movie Monsters, Inc. When Elijah got home from PT that night, he insisted on watching Monsters, Inc. We turned it on and Elijah got situated in "his spot" on the couch and set Mikey on his lap. When the movie started, he said, SUPER excitedly, "WOOK, MIKEY! IT'S YOU!" That made Dan and I giggle.



Then later, he was wearing his Big Brother hat from Grandma (Sammy has a Little Brother hat), and he asked me very seriously, "Mom! Where is Mikey's 'Big Monster' hat?"

And I haven't forgotten about Sammy! He has been into EVERYTHING. I call him my little tornado. I will be getting all of the books put back onto the bookshelf that he has pulled off with his chubby little hands, and I will turn around to find that all of the toys have been removed from the toy box. Elijah has never been like this, so it is a different experience for us!

Sam is officially finished with his bottle and morning naps. I was a bit sad to put the bottle away. My baby is growing up! He is starting to look more like a toddler and less like a baby. This is a very fun age. I love his warm, chubby sweetness. And all of the words he tries to say. And the way he says BRRRM BRRRM and signs airplane every time he hears anything that sounds like an airplane. And the way he rolls around with his blankie like it's the best thing on earth...while sucking his thumb, of course. And the cute way he walks. And they way he tackles Elijah because he loves him so much (despite the fact that the feelings aren't always mutual). And the softness of his skin. And the fact that he runs to his chair in the kitchen after he hears me say, "Let's have some lunch, boys." And the way he attempts to say Yo Gabba Gabba every time the tv is turned on. And even the way he squirms and screams when his diaper is being changed.

I am planning to bring the boys out to the dropzone for the night on Saturday. We haven't been out there much this last part of summer. I'm looking forward to getting out of the city. Other than that, we just plan on staying low-key and enjoying each other! Thanks for checking in. I'm off to do that thing that I love so much called RELAXING!

3 comments:

mina said...

Yay for a great week! And a cute hair cut :)

jencooper said...

Sam and Grace could be twins!! He sounds exactly like her....and I am sorry. She is 4 and still into everything!!

Yea for school! The boys are so handsome...as always!

Jennifer

Sarah said...

Loved catching up on your cute little guys. As always Elijah reminds me so much of Evan. Sammy's eating & tornado activity reminds of him too. Hope you all are having a great start to your week.