Tuesday, September 6, 2011

State Fair and more

This may be close to the longest I have ever gone without writing a post! We have been busier than usual, it seems. Dan and I went on a long-weekend, no-kids getaway. His parents graciously agreed to watch the boys while we were gone. Everyone had fun, all around. It was good for all of us.

We were able to make our yearly trip to the State Fair again this year, and we had a great time pigging out. Here are some photos from our adventure..

Sammy, crying for more food..



Posing with Oink Booth crowns. Sammy's first!



Beautiful eyes..



And another set of beautiful eyes..



Elijah loved the carousel. So much that a meltdown took place 10 seconds after this photo was taken. You can see the meltdown beginning to form..



The slide was a hit, but only after it was done. Can you see the terrified expression?





Ok, getting tired. Getting reeeeeally tired..



And both were out, just like that.



Both boys are doing well. Sam is growing like crazy, in every way imaginable. He is still obsessed with balls. He constantly asks for "BA?!" He is starting to attempt more words. And I swear he is mad at me for leaving him over the weekend. He hasn't given me the time of day since we returned. :( I hope he gets over it soon.

Elijah, our strong-willed little Elijah, oh how he continues to push our buttons. This potty training thing is getting ridiculous. Imagine a full-blown whine-fest/tantrum every time we ask him to go sit on the toilet. And we are still cleaning our share of poop out of underwear these days. I feel like it will never end! He starts school next Monday, and I am so thankful that his teachers are willing to take on poop, as well, as opposed to putting him back into diapers. They are wonderful for agreeing to that. Actually, they didn't even agree to it. They offered!

What else is going on...Dan's work should start slowing down soon. I have been keeping busy with work, boys, photography, cooking and blogging. The boys are keeping us on our toes. I feel like the summer was oppressive in so many ways and that that is finally lifting. THANK GOODNESS. I was not The Summer of 2011's hugest fan.

I hope you all are doing well! Thanks for checking in on our family. More later...

3 comments:

jencooper said...

Thank you for finally updating!! The boys are adorable. I am glad that you got some time away.

Cecilia said...

It was wonderful to hear from you again and to know that you had a great time with your boys and Dan.

I love all the photos especially the last one, so cute!

Sarah said...

Thanks for the update and sharing pics of those two cute little guys.
Here is to Fall 2011!