Friday, July 11, 2014

Snuggleday

Elijah had another awesome day! His gauze fell off during the night last night (we were instructed to let it happen on its own) and his incision looks great. He experienced minimal pain today and was in great spirits. He looks better and way less tired to me than he has in months. I'm so happy the "sleep" meds are out of his body.


Dan is in full-on skydiving mode, which means the boys and I are spending a lot of time together and will continue to do so for the next 6 to 8 weeks. The past two days have been strange. I didn't feel like today was Friday...or Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday, for that matter. I literally did not leave the boys' sides even for a second today. We did HOURS of snuggling and even more hours of playing. I refuse to forget about the blessings! I'm feeling super grateful and overwhelmed and I am doing the usual post-surgery sorting-through of feelings, events and answered prayers.

If all continues to go well, the boys and I will head to the dropzone tomorrow. We are all looking forward to it. Have a great weekend! Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: