Thursday, October 25, 2007

He's baaack

For the past twelve days we have dealt with nothing but copious amounts of puke, sleep deprivation, nasty coughing, gigantic green and stringy streams of snot and a very unhappy, unrested child. Today, for the first time in almost two weeks, I came home to a happy, smiley, wonderfully tempered boy who loves his mommy! It was wonderful. We finally have our healthy, happy boy back! For the past two weeks we've had to work to get even a smile out of him. Now all I have to say is, Hi Elijah!, and he giggles and smiles crazily at me. I love it.

Tomorrow I'll be bringing Eli to get his pre-op physical and flu shot. Saturday Dan and I have a night "away" in Stillwater. Auntie Lissa will be watching Elijah overnight so we can have some baby-less time to chill. And sleep. We need it. Thank you, Lissa!

Here are some pics of our gorgeous man:


Sprawling out on Mommy....he sure likes to be comfortable!


Trying to get him to use his legs. See how he just sticks his butt out? Thanks so much, Roger, for the great wagon and sled you sent! We love them.


Daddy rubbing Eli's tummy before bed

8 comments:

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Oh you poor things..all three of you... I do so hope you have a wonderful night away.. even if you just sleep!!!
Still the cutest lil man I know!!!!

Sarah said...

Those are some cute pictures - so glad to hear that he is feeling better. We are doing the flu shot today too - I'm sure our boys will be thrilled about that! Have a good night away!

Ehlan said...

Enjoy your night away! Ryan and I are ready for one of those as well!!

Kathy said...

Look at those thighs!!!! I just want to reach through the screen and pinch them!!! I'm so glad that Eli's feeling better and you guys get a break. Sweet dreams on your night away...you guys deserve every minute of it!

Ann(ie) said...

Enjoy that night away to the fullest, girl!! You sound extremely deserving! And that little Eli....I think I'm in love. How old is he? I have a 10 mo old.

Happy weekend!

Anonymous said...

Yeah Eli!! Survived your first cold! I am so glad he is feeling better. Have a WONDERFUL time in Stillwater tonight. Stillwater is one of Doug & my favorite spots. Anytime you need a night out give me a call, I would love to come snuggle and squeeze your little Sugarman!
Hugs and love
Tammy

Samantha said...

Hi Guys...

I just want to let you know I am thinking of you and praying for an uneventful cath tomorrow.

Hugs,
Samantha

Tracy said...

Glad to hear Elijah is feeling better and back to his sweet self. Enjoy your baby-free night!