Tuesday, October 16, 2007

what's your plan?

We're hoping today is the peak of Elijah's sickness because he sure isn't feeling well. Dan took him to see Dr. Judy today and one bit of good news is that his O2 sats were back at 90%! However, when she listened to his lungs, they sounded wheezy, so we are now having to give him nebulizer treatments three times a day at home to open up those airways. He is very stuffed up. Both his nose and his chest are extremely junky. Tonight after eating most of his bottle he threw it all back up and was generally unhappy and agitated. He's working really hard for each breath right now...way more than usual. I feel so bad for him. I hate seeing him like this. We're praying for a better day tomorrow. We're also praying that this viral infection doesn't evolve into anything worse. Thankfully we have a great relationship with Dr. G and Dr. Judy so between the two, he'll be well taken care of this week.

I think I've caught whatever it is that Elijah has. I have a nice throbbing head and a sore throat this evening. Dan hasn't caught it yet, and I hope he doesn't. We all get our flu shots next week and it can't come soon enough!

A funny Tired Story for you. We've been thoroughly exhausted and getting very little sleep since Sunday. Last night at midnight I got up to sit with Elijah for a bit because he was crying and obviously uncomfortable. I was rocking him when Dan came into the room and said to me, "What's your plan?" Uhhhh.....my plan? I had no idea what he was talking about. Then he said, "Are you going to feed him breakfast?" I didn't understand why he was planning so far in advance and I was way too tired to respond, so we both just sat there silent for a bit. He left the room and did his morning ritual of mouthwash, getting dressed and turning the lights on downstairs for us. He came back upstairs and realized it was midnight. He actually thought it was 6am and that we were starting our day. We both had a good laugh about it in the morning. What's my plan....my plan is to get some sleep one of these days..

6 comments:

Kathy said...

You guys are funny!
I do hope that Eli starts feeling better...and you too mama! Eat your flinstone vitamins and drink your oj!! Hey, is Eli getting a flu shot?? My docs haven't said anything to me yet.
Have a good night!
Kathy

Samantha said...

That is hysterical! Don't you love these tired moments???? I hope that you all get to feeling better really soon!

Kathy--as long as Isaac is 6 months old, get that flu shot! (as long as the doc tells you to of course) Micah did not turn 6 months until January last year and our pedi gave it to him then...

Megan & Dan, I hope that you have a much better day and that you got some much deserved sleep last night!

Hugs,
Samantha

Anonymous said...

Funny story! I hope you guys get feeling better - it's a bummer that he's not feeling well.

Jacob is 2 and our Ped still puts his foot down about the flu shot. I figure it really helps keep some of that nasty stuff away.

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Hee hee...
that's a crack up....


and..
so sorry the little fella isn't feeling so good...


so ...


what's your plan?

Ehlan said...

How horrible! I just checked your blog after being out of town for a few days! You guys have had a nightmare! I can't imagine having to take Olivia in an ambulance, how scary! I do hope he's feeling better!!

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Oh dear you have had a rought time of it... i dont check on your for a few days and look what happens!!!
And now it is Tuesday since you have posted... i am a little worried.... I sure hope that gorgeous lil eli is on the mend..and you too!!!