Thursday, October 25, 2007

The Sleeper is (mostly) Back

Aside from feeding him, we didn't have to go into Elijah's room once in the middle of the night. At 4:38am I couldn't believe I was waking up to silence instead of fits of snorting and crying. Of course I didn't get back to sleep because my body is used to being awake at that time anyhow, so I laid in bed anticipating noise. I didn't hear a thing until 5:58! The steroids are done, the cold is getting better every day, and hopefully that means that our sleeper is back. Dan said he heard a few cries in the night, but nothing that lasted longer than a few minutes. One of these days we may be semi-rested again and I am ecstatic at the thought of that.

We are in the middle of getting Eli assessed for home therapy. A handful of therapists and evaluators have been coming to our house, putting crayons in his hand and crackers in front of him to test his "skills." He's 8 months old, do they think he's going to do anything with a crayon besides chew on it? So far they have said he is definitely eligible, which means he's definitely behind, but we have to wait for the final report to see exactly how far behind. Last night I was working with him on rolling and while trying so very hard to reeeeeach for a toy, he actually rolled from back to tummy! I wish I had it on video because it was one of his top 10 cutest moments. He got to his tummy and realized...wait a second! I don't like tummy! So he scrambled to get back to his comfort zone, bulldozing toys and books out of the way to get there. He looked at us like, I'm not doing that again, you sneaky parents.

3 comments:

Ehlan said...

I hope it works out that he can get all the help he needs! It's amazing how much they change in the first year and this will only help him get right on track!

I'm glad Elijah thinks Olivia is as cute as she thinks he is! :)

Kathy said...

Oh...how sweet it is to sleep!!! I bet you can remember back when you were pregnant and people told you to get all the sleep you can...and you just smiled and shrugged them off! Don't you wish you had taken the whole 9 months off work and slept so that you could keep up with Eli now! (boy..I sure do!) That's SO EXCITING that he's rolling on his belly...even though it's only for a short time...he can do it!! He'll be running around before you know it!!! I'm still jealous of his healthy appetite...and sweet potatoes...my favorite!!!
Take care..
enjoy the weather...
Kathy

ThePicks said...

Hooray, glad to hear Elijah is feeling better (and sleeping better). That means you two can start playing catch up on your sleep!

LOL =)