Sunday, December 9, 2007

Chub

After some serious photo retouching, I finally got Dan's baby picture ready to upload. Twenty nine years later, Elijah is now wearing the same cute outfit that his daddy wore. I cannot believe the chub Dan has hanging off his neck (yes, that skin hanging underneath his double chin is indeed a third chin)! Soo cute. After seeing this picture of Dan, I'm not sure that Elijah still looks like him. They obviously both have the same neck, but other than that, I'm not so sure. What do you all think?




Elijah has been doing a lot of experimenting with sounds this week, particularly the B and M sounds. He said "Mama" earlier in the week (yesss!!!) and now he is saying all kinds of things. He literally has been talking non-stop. Here are a few things I've heard him say today:

mama
baba
mom
bob
mamba
bomb
mob
boob
boo-boo
bamba
blah blah
abba
baaahhh
hahahaha

His cold is slightly better and he's sleeping a lot better now. He still has a horrid cough that just will not go away. Other than that, we don't have much to report. I just heard a long string of mamas coming from downstairs, so I better go nibble on that chubby neck...

8 comments:

Ann(ie) said...

I don't know. I still see the resemblence. But, they are both just cute as can be.

You are one lucky girl...I cannot wait to hear mama. My boy things everyone is DADA!!!

Kathy said...

What cute Chubby-neck boys you have!!!
How CUTE are those pics!
LOVE IT!

Ehlan said...

I see it!
I love all the words he has--what a great idea for a post too! I'll have to start a list! Funny that he says boob... :)

Samantha said...

I think that they do look alike...especially the "chunkiness"...but mostly in the nose...but I am awful at noticing similarities. They are both adorable as ever! It is so hard to believe that we were once so tiny!

Okay...so now your little man officially eats more than my little guy and he TALKS more too! That does it...as soon as the weather warms up...we are coming to MN so that Eli can teach Micah some of the important stuff!

Hugs,
Samantha

The Portas said...

Yes, the nose is definitely the same, too. I've said that from day one.

And to clarify, he isn't saying all of those words discriminately-not even mama, I don't think. :( He's just a blabber.

Anonymous said...

Too cute!!! It's a good thing that Dan grew into his neck! ;-)
Bite that little baby for me!
xoxoxo Auntie Lissa

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Oh yes... I can definitely see resemblence there!!!
too cute!!

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Wow...
what a little chubnik....

wow.. on those words...

wow...

Matthew is STILL only saying "uh oh, Nooo (pronounced newwwwwww)
and every once in a while he'll say "five" (pronounced fiiiii)

I'm sad ... I hope nothing is really wrong... I worry about
forms of autism...