Monday, December 3, 2007

The snot is going to eat us

We had a weekend filled with record amounts of goopy Elijah snot. Thank goodness for our recent purchase that extracts ten times more gunk than those weak blue things.

Elijah actually didn't sleep too bad this weekend, but he napped poorly, which made him pretty tired and crabby most of the time. His cough is just horrible to listen to, the poor kid. We've increased his nebulizer treatments to four times/day.

Dan and I both woke up this morning sick ourselves. Lovely! This week happens to be the busiest week of the whole year for me at work, so it makes things interesting. Dan's birthday is on Wednesday, so I'm hoping I have enough time and energy to make it a nice day for him. Such a young sprout he is. He's going to be 29! Next year is the big one.

We took some cute pics this weekend during the few moments when Elijah could breathe freely through the snot mountains. I'll post them later..

4 comments:

Ehlan said...

Poor little Eli! I'm interested in that little contraption you purchased... Do you think it worked??

The Portas said...

Yes, this "booger sucker," as we lovingly call it, works great. I highly recommend it. It is lightyears better than those worthless blue thingies.

Anonymous said...

Whoa Whoa Whoa, I am interested in something that sucks the snot better, but to me it looks like you suck your little one's snot directly into your mouth. I'm really not on board with that. Explain that contraption.....

Teresa :)

The Portas said...

Yes, it would appear that the snot is going directly into the mouth of the parent, but there is a filter that keeps it from getting past that first tube. The first time we used it, we were a little worried about that, too, but it works great. No snot in the mouth, and great booger removal!