Friday, November 30, 2007

S.A.

Elijah is Sick Again. Sick again! I know, I can't believe it either. The snot and boogers have returned with a vengeance, along with a bit of a fever, a deeper cough and a surly disposition. I have a feeling we have a mucus-filled, sleepless weekend ahead.

I was able to get a bit of a smile out of him for a pic tonight. I thought his mohawk hair looked cute so tried to get a few good ones with him and Daddy.




It is very tempting to let ourselves get down about this reincarnated sickness, as we were JUST getting over stage 2 and have pretty much been dealing with this for seven consecutive weeks now. But, I keep telling myself, it could be worse. Much worse. We'll take seven weeks of having a cold over many other things. We'll see if I'm this positive at 3 a.m.

6 comments:

Krista said...

Again...I'm so sorry...sorry that your weekend is going to be full of snot and sleeplessness. You deserve a break from the sickness. I hope you can stay away from the dreaded "H" word and just tackle this with lots of love, cuddling and prayers! Keep your chin up...this too shall pass...even if you don't feel so at 3am Sending hugs from Michigan!

Samantha said...

Well, that little toot! Tell that chunky monkey to get better much faster this time around...no more of this nonsense. Hang in there!

Hugs,
Samantha

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I can't believe it. I hope this clears up fast without too much sleep deprivation -- and without medical intervention! I know this is just NOT what you need right now. :(

But in reading your blog I did see the happy news from Elijah's 9-month checkup. Way to go, little man!!! I love to see positive reports like this from Wilson's heart baby friends. It just makes my day.

Take care, all of you...
Amy

Ann(ie) said...

oh honey. =( That really sucks. Your little monkey sure is a cutie even when sick. Give him kisses from us in Seattle.

And **hugs** to mom and dad, too. Hang in there.

Kathy said...

OH...so sorry he's sick again...
your Eli sounds like my Eli...If he's around anyone that's the slightest sick, he gets it! I have to be more of a germaphobe with him more than with Isaac. Good luck tonight gal...I hope he sleeps through the night for you!

Sarah said...

Awwwhh man... poor little guy! Evan has had croup all week - I can't imagine the weeks you all have endured - not to mention what Elijah has endured during this. Yes, it could be worse but, it stinks to see your baby feeling bad.