Thursday, November 22, 2007

Day of Thanks

Elijah turned nine months old this week. That means that nine months ago we heard his deep, growly roar and saw that precious face of his for the first time. We have endured quite the range of emotions since then and still have a lot of ups and downs ahead of us, yet somehow we feel more grateful than ever. Life is suddenly much more precious and sweet.

Since it's Thanksgiving I've been thinking about the many things we are thankful for this year and it gives me the most genuine feeling of gratitude. I'm thankful for Elijah staying in my belly for as long as he did, for Dr. Gremmels being put in our path, for Elijah's fast-growing chubby thighs and good temperament, for an excellent and understanding employer, for our families who supported us wholeheartedly through the lowest points of the year, for my wonderful husband, for our strengthened faith, for all of the amazing new people we've met, for living close to an excellent hospital, for the incredible things steady surgeon hands can do to teeny tiny hearts, for time with friends, for strengthened relationships...

Happy Thanksgiving! If you read this blog, that means you care about Elijah and that means everything to us. Thanks so much for keeping up on our little boy.

8 comments:

Ann(ie) said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you, your family and your beautiful boy! xo.

Ehlan said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Did Elijah enjoy the feast yesterday? O loved the mashed potatoes, stuffing, corn, green beans, and PIE! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving. It is such a wonderful time for family, memories and thanking God for all we have and hold so dear. I am so thankful we have developed such a wonderful friendship and that Doug and I get to be apart of Eli's life. He is such an amazing little boy.
Hugs,
Tammy & Doug

Kathy said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you guys!
I am so thankful that we found you guys...what awesome friends you've become. Thanks for holding our hand through this crazy time...we'll be there to hold your hand when it's your turn!
Megan...my favorite little niece's name is Meghan..and I call her Magpie...so, everytime I type you an email, it's all I can do to restrain myself from making up a silly nickname for you. (Dan...what is it...I know you have one for her!)
Take care you guys!
Kathy

Samantha said...

Happy late Thanksgiving!!! I hope that you had a marvelous day. We were watching our Cowboys...WIN!!! Did your little man enjoy all the food? Mine sure didn't...big surprise, huh? Oh well :(

Thank you for being an amazing support to me as well...there are days that the only ones who seem to get me are other heart mamas.

Hugs,
Samantha

Unknown said...

Little late but Happy Thanksgiving! I was thinking of your little guy and wanted to stop by and say hi. I am truely thankful for all the friends I've met online. I'll be checking back soon.

Hugs,
Vanessa & Arianna

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Happy thanksgiving to you all... we dont celebrate it here in Aus.. but the food sounds good... haha
Love the pics below... and that lady isnt too scarey!! haha
Too cute... love the swimmers Eli!!

Tracy said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Blessings to you all ....