Monday, November 26, 2007

9-mo. appointment

We took Elijah to his 9-month check-up today and everything looked great. His sats ran right around 82-84%, he weighed 19 lb. 3 oz. and his lungs sounded perfect. Dr. Judy said he looked amazing. We don't have to take him back till his one-year check, so assuming everything will go as planned and that no more sickness is in his near future, we won't need to see a doctor again until February! This would be wonderful.

Elijah started doing something yesterday that I have been giddy about all day. It seems like such a small thing, but with as little progress as he has made in some areas and after being told how "far behind" he is by the Early Childhood Intervention team, the fact that he can now wave bye-bye puts tears in my eyes! He started doing it last night and has been doing it non-stop since...of course, except for those 10 minutes I tried to get it on video tonight. I did get this new funny noise on video, though....



Dan was going to get in the pool with Elijah for swimming lessons tonight but just as we had gotten to the pool area, everyone was getting out of the pool because there were little bits of poop floating around in it. We were bummed, but I'd rather have to go back home than have Elijah swim with poop.

One last thing and then I'm heading to bed. A fellow heart baby, Madeline, is in serious need of prayer right now. She has been in the hospital for 4+ months literally fighting for her life. Just recently, she improved to the point where they had set her discharge date for tomorrow (Tuesday). She was doing great and was ready to go home. Sunday there was another unexpected setback and now no one is sure what is in store. If you'd like to visit their website, I have her link listed on the right. If anyone in the world needs your prayers right now, it is Madeline. This little girl has endured more than anyone should ever have to.

8 comments:

Samantha said...

Hi there! That smile on that baby is SOOO cute! What great news on his 9-month well visit. I cannot believe he weighs well over 1 pound more than my skinny boy! Keep up the great work on that! Lucky boy, he will be able to face forward in his car seat when he turns one...not fair!

Sorry swimming lessons "pooped out" on you. You are right...you certainly do not want to be swimming in poo-poo. Give them time to get that water CLEAN!!! Yucky!

Great job on learning to wave bye-bye. I just have to put my two-cents in on his development...he looks to be coming along just fine! He has loads of energy, spunk, charisma and a touch of fiestiness (as shown by the throwing back of his whole body)--I just know that he will develop totally fine...just remember, he has been through more than most people go through in an entire lifetime (and all during the big development time...he will catch up)...and he is happier and stronger than so many "healthy" kids. He is tough and precious! I just want to give him a big squeeze!

It looks like y'all's winter is starting up and it is getting COLD, COLD, COLD again. Keep warm.

Hugs,
Samantha

Ehlan said...

What a cutie! I love his little noises...O made a new one this morning too, I'll have to try to post video...never done it before.

Kathy said...

What a cutie pie!!! I can't believe how much he weighs...way to eat ELI!!!
That is a bummer about the poop. I can't wait to take Mr. Isaac in a pool. And waving already...what a smarty pants you have on your hands!!
Take care!
Kathy

Krista said...

Wow...2 months without doctors...that's something to celebrate! So glad he is doing so well. My husband and I run a pool in the summer...and we know all about those "poopy" moments! YUCK...even though one time..it was our own kid! Oops!
Praying for a healthy heathly holiday season! Eli is sure to enjoy the lights and festivities of the season this year!

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the video. Love, Aunt Bunny He is a sweetie.

Anonymous said...

We are honored that you would use Elijah's site to bring Madeline's journey and need for prayer to more people. Thank you so very much!
FYI Mad's was soooo behind in everything (didn't walk til 2 1/2) - but when she blossomed it was well worth waiting for! Our little heart babies do it all their way and in their own time!!
Blessing's to you all!
~Cindy Lester

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Ewwww.... pooooo!!!!!!


He's so cute you guys!!

I'll keep your heart friend in my prayers... I'll go check out their site.

Anonymous said...

Yay for waving bye-bye! That is so wonderful - I'd be thrilled too - how awesome. I am so glad too that his appointment went so well.