Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Little fishy

Elijah was so cute at swimming lessons last night! He was much more comfortable in the water than he was last week. He splashed Mommy a lot and practiced floating and kicking and chasing rubber duckies around the pool. I didn't realize that it is instinctive for babies to hold their breath when dunked (I didn't learn this till today), so I was worried I was going to drown my baby by putting him under water! Now I know...we'll try it next week.

Here are some cute pics. Don't mind the scary lady. I don't know who she is.







It has been almost six weeks since Elijah first got sick and he still has a cough! I can't believe it. His congestion is getting better, and his night sleeping is improving a little bit every day. He is basically sleeping through the night now. He wakes up a few times and cries just for a bit, but usually goes right back to sleep. He has started rolling around a lot more lately, so he's been running into the side of his crib in his sleep and he's not used to that. Hopefully once he is strong enough to re-situate himself a little better he won't wake himself so abruptly. We'll hear bang.....pause.....wwaaaahhhhhhh...... and we'll go in to find his head wedged in the corner, his body twisted all over the place and an arm sticking through one of the slats.

7 comments:

Krista said...

How cute is he! Awesome pictures! I am so envious of his cute little chubby legs. So glad you are able to get out and do the lessons...what a valuable tool for when he's older! I know i freaked out the 1st time a friend told me to put our son (at the time 8 months) under water...but he loved it!

That's hilarious about the crib...Kate is just the opposite..she tends to roll herself over until she is right up against the rails...holding on to them as if saying: "Let me out of here!"

Here's hopin' for clearer days ahead...NO MORE COUGH! Have a great day!Thanks for making me smile with the great pictures!

Kathy said...

I love the pics!!! You guys look like you're having a blast. I am TOTALLY jealous. What a good mom you are. My five year old still doesn't know how to swim....you've inspired me!!!

Samantha said...

Scary woman??? I did not see a single scary woman in a single picture! I did see someone who looks WAY to good to have just had a baby this year! You both look terrific and it looks like you are having a wonderful time! Like I said last time, I so have to get Micah into swim lessons too...well, all three of them really.

Your sleeping story cracks me up! Noah was that kind of sleeper for a LONG time...he would toss and turn and move all around all the time...it was insanity! Thankfully, he has stopped.

Eli is just so cute...I want to squeeze him! I will just have to make a trip to MN soon! I hope that nasty cough goes away soon.

Hugs,
Samantha

Ehlan said...

I also did not see a scary woman! Just a hot mama brave enough to wear a swimsuit!! :)
I'm jealous about swimming lessons! We don't have any available in our area for little babes at this point! Olivia loved swimming this summer and I am dying to get her back in the water!

Anonymous said...

What a cute little fishy! And your no scary woman, you look great! I'm glad the lessens are going good. I wasn't able to take Arianna swimming because her incision was still healing and we didn't want any infections. I just can't wait till this summer to finally take her swimming. She loves the water!

I want to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving! We sure know the true meaning of being thankful.

Take Care

Ann(ie) said...

That is the cutest little fishy in the world. Made my night!!

Sara said...

I remember the days of the baby starting to roll in the crib and being scared that he'd wake up every time. I also remember finding different limbs outside of the crib. In fact, it sometimes still happens. Although I must figure that now a days when it happens it's because he wanted it to.