Saturday, November 3, 2007

Sickness abounds

This weekend has been very unfun so far. By unfun I mean awful. Dan went on a hunting trip for the weekend, so sick Mama gets to care for sick Baby. I woke up Friday morning with a head cold, which has today turned into a fever and chills and chest congestion. Elijah has thrown up almost every bit of food I've given him in the past 24 hours and has had no wet diapers, so I'm afraid I may be taking him to Children's today to make sure he's not dehydrated. His cough has also gotten way worse in the past few days so I'd like to get that checked out, too. I just tried to feed him a bottle and he only drank 3 ounces!? Wha??? Really not like my hungry man. I'm a bit worried. We were up a lot during the night. Elijah's cough kept him up, so I was in his room trying to help him get back to sleep more than I was in my bed.

Thankfully my friend Jess is on her way over right now and she's going to watch Elijah for a few hours while I get some rest and then I think I might bring him to Children's after that.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Oh No....
I hope you both start feeling better. Keep us updated!
The house just doesn't run right when mom is down!
Take care!
Kathy

Samantha said...

I am so sorry...it is no fun when baby is sick, and it is especially not fun when mommy is sick too--and having daddy away...thank goodness for your friend Jess...what a lifesaver that is. I hope that you have a great nap and I hope that Sir Eli decides to drink a bit and not get dehydrated...
Hugs,
Samantha