Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Boogers galore

Elijah and I started swimming lessons this week! We'll be going every Monday night for the next 7 weeks. I forgot our camera, but next week I'll have Dan take some pics of our chubby boy splashing crazily in the pool. It took him a minute or two to get used to the water temperature, but after that he seemed to love it. Babies are such natural swimmers. I was surprised to see him try to kick his legs right away.

Last night Elijah threw up for the first time in 10 days. There was baby puke EVERYWHERE...in every crevice of his body, every crevice of Dan's body, every crevice of the couch.. We are hoping this happened because another tooth is coming in and not because he's sick again. The next few days will tell. He slept pretty well last night and seemed just fine this morning so he's at daycare today.

Once we can get rid of the boogers and snot that have taken over our son's body, I think Elijah is going to be ready to sleep through the night! The only thing that really seems to wake him in the night lately is his plugged nose. A few nights ago we did a trial run and didn't feed him when he woke up at 2am and he went right back to sleep. Yaayyy!! More sleep for all of us may be in sight!

E has a cardiology appt on Friday for a post-heart cath check-up. Tomorrow we have the Early Childhood Intervention people coming by to give us the final report from the developmental testing they did a few weeks ago. We'll find out exactly how far behind he is and in what areas and based on that information we will get therapists (physical, occupational and/or speech) to come to our home to help him progress more quickly. He still REFUSES to do tummy time. I'm beginning to think this kid will never crawl. He's not even close. His sitting is getting better every day, but still not quite there. I think he just decided he wants to be a baby forever and have Mom and Dad do everything for him. :)

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Swimming lessons...how fun!!! That's such a good idea! Poor little boogey nose...don't you just want to give him a little Afrin and put a nose strip on...just like we would do. Can't wait to see the pool pics!

Samantha said...

I so want to start Micah with swimming lessons too. I am sure that it is so much fun! I am sorry he is so full of boogers...that is no fun at all...at least he is getting better though.

Take care of yourselves!

Hugs,
Samantha

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Lil Eli will get there... Well maybe not so lil eli.. haha.. he is growing so fast.... I love the sounds of the swimming lessons... Dont like the sounds of the baby puke tho... I remember how far that stuff seems to travel... Might be just a way of his body trying to rid some more phlegm...

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Poor baby...
poor mommy and daddy...

boogers make me gag....
and so does puke...

especially my dog's puke, it smells like poo...
we now call her Puixa instead of Quixa....

oh.. off topic...
I couldn't do swim lessons... I don't do swim suits!!!!