Saturday, November 3, 2007

More infection

After enduring the most horrible ER experience I've ever been through, I want to crawl into a hole and die. We normally have great experiences at Children's, but today was AWFUL. I'm not going to relay everything that upset me or I will get too emotional and probably start crying again. What we found out was that Elijah was not overly dehydrated, thank God, he does not have RSV, thank God, but he does have another viral infection. Ug!! Already?! We just got done with the last one! They gave him a double dose of steroids today to help out his wheezing/strained lungs, which of course is going to make him not sleep well tonight. We're supposed to re-start Albuterol on the nebulizer every four hours and do two doses of steroids for 5 days and go from there. Hopefully this time we get rid of it. Nasty infections. BUT...at least it isn't RSV. That's what I keep telling myself.

I am thanking God for my friend Jess right now. Without her today, I may have died. It was not a fun day and now I'm going to bed while Elijah is still asleep.

5 comments:

TimnKatienElinSam said...

Oh Megan....I am so sorry you have to go through this again. The one time that Sam was sick I was going crazy. We had a tough time during our stay at Childrens, so I can kind of understand. Does Eli qualify for the RSV injections? I thought all babies with heart issues do, but I could be wrong. We are thinking about you and praying that you have a healthy household soon. Just remember that Eli is a good eater and big and strong, so that will really help him get through this cold and flu season. And hopefully, these latest bugs will help his immune system in the future.

Big hugs,
Katie and the boys

The Portas said...

Elijah gets RSV vaccinations, but they don't totally rule out RSV. It's something like a 6 or 7 in 10 chance that they won't get it with the vaccination. That's what Eli's cardiologist told us.

Anyway, thanks for the kind words. I appreciate it. Having a sick baby is not fun, especially when we're going on 4 weeks of sickness now. Yuck.

ThePicks said...

Hey Megan -

Yikes, we're soo sorry to hear you guys had such a horrible experience with the doctors yesterday. It has to be frustrating having him ill so much of the time recently. On the bright side, at least his cold/illness subsided long enough to get his cath procedure done so you didn't have to postpone that. Hope you get some good sleep today and that eli gets feeling better soon.

The RA

Samantha said...

OMG! I am sorry that you had to deal with this. I am hoping that Dan is coming home soon to relieve some of your stress. Poor Eli...I hate that the adorable little man is getting so sick. But you are right...at least it is not RSV. Hang in there...thank goodness for great friends like Jess. I wish you lots of peace and sleep and I wish for Eli to get better quickly!

Hugs,
Samantha

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

oh my heck...
that souunds awful...
you guys have really been having a rough time...