Monday, January 14, 2008

Elijah + avocados


Messy cottage cheese-avocado feast with absent left sock

We think Elijah might be involved in a gang called the Left Foot Mafia. Every time we put socks on him (which is often here in FRIGID Minnesota) he removes only the left one and then continues about his play. Perhaps his left foot is always a bit too warm? I don't know, but it's pretty funny. The right sock always stays on.

Eli has a urology appointment this Thursday. We've had such a nice reprieve from doctor's visits, so it makes me sad that we're headed back into doctor and hospital territory. Next month hypospadias surgery will happen (see Elijah's Story tab if you want more info about this) and also a cardiology check and a 12-month well visit. Last week I was positive that his lips looked more blue so Dan brought him in to get his oxygen sats checked. Amazingly, they were exactly what they were a few months ago (80-84%) so we were very happy to hear this.

Our chubby boy is getting so smart! You can just see that he understands a whole lot more than ever. He now knows how to knock over his tower of blocks when I ask him to and when I get to that part in the Itsy Bitsy Spider when I tickle his neck, he anticipates it with giggling winces. I can't spend enough time with this person. I can't get enough! I wish I could just put him in my pocket and take him everywhere with me.

I'll try to post a lot of fun, cute, positive things before we are headed back into the land of doctors. Here are some fun pics to start off....


Cottage cheese face


THIS is a fat knee


Do you think Daddy dressed Elijah (this tummy moment is very rare, by the way)??


Splashy bath man. WOW does he like to splash.

5 comments:

Kathy said...

I've been waiting all weekend for these pictures...and you didn't disappoint! He gets cuter everyday...how is that possible! Just get a jacket with a BIG pocket...he'll fit!

Samantha said...

He is absolutely gorgeous! Thank you for the adorable pictures. He is growing up so fast! Avocados are MY personal favorite! I love the Left Foot Mafia...I think that Micah is a part of it too...though, I need to recheck to see which sock he pulls off all the time.

Hugs,
Samantha

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

It would want to be a bloody big pocket my dear.... and your back would never be the same... hahaha... Working does make you miss your children but it makes us enjoy them even more... but it also keeps us sane... ie. adult interaction instead of constant nappies, food, clothes, washing, cleaning etc,,,
So all good,,, Take care... love the pics... he is such a poser...

Ann(ie) said...

He is such a love. What adorable pictures. Ben won't touch avocados....I even tried to hide some in sweet potatoes....but, he loves cottage cheese. Kiss your cute little man for me!

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

OMG is he ever cute..
hee hee hee...